You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: If the Skwerl

Olorin wrote:

I'd bet more people downloaded the final version illegally after release than downloaded those demos, you would have to have a really keen interest to go after them imo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Most people who downloaded this album aren't "Gn'R" fans, most people who download music, don't go out and buy it.

I don't know why you guys believe otherwise, anyway, fine... I have my view of the world.

If they aren't fans, then why do you, mysteron, and GNR care if they downloaded it? They wouldn't buy it anyways. Remember, Beta said GNR doesn't need us to buy the album and doesn't want our money, and mysteron just said we can leak more shit.

So whats the problem?

By the way, the most seeders a CD torrent had during the skewrl leak was hundreds, and I think it hit the 1200 mark on pirate bay. In other words, the same nerds on these sites were seeding the damn thing. woopty doo.

most people who download music, don't go out and buy it.

Got any statistics proving that? Or is this one of things we are supposed to believe because its GNR? I download shit all the time. Throw away what I don't give two shits about and buy what I like.

Also, more people buy on Itunes than download from p2p sites. Go check the amount of seeders for the top albums on the torrents of your choice, then go check their album sales. 22

Leaks didn't kill the music industry. The record companies forcing record stores out of business and using these exclusives did. It forced people into listening to leaks and buying what they want on Itunes, amazon, ebay,etc.

I seem to remember every man and his dog in the media had something to say about Chinese Democracy, it was everywhere. But with no momentum behind the release, it just got left behind rather abruptly while the world kept on turning.
Even  if the Better video had come out after Axl's "in a week or so" comment, it was still months too late.

Yeah the album got some reviews, but it was nothing like with the skwerl leaks. I predicted this exact outcome when outlets such as Time Magazine were reviewing them. I said they would wash their hands of it after that, and other than a minor blurb, thats exactly what they did. The media doesn't review albums over and over just because someone decides to strum a guitar in a new mix. They moved on to other artists releasing music that the public wanted to hear.

I love the continued hypocrisy on the fansites and the yes men spewing it though. One minute we're supposed to believe it was a huge success, and now we're supposed to believe the leaks killed it. Which is it? Inquiring minds want to know.

I do agree its now too late for a video. They were thinking about Dr Pepper and Slash during the weeks before and after release. Newsflash to GNR: The world doesn't care what your stance is on Dr Pepper and Slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

when it actually got released the media couldn't care less.

Thats because the album was as stale as a loaf of my grandma's raisin bread. They had already reviewed it. Ron adding something and Frank pounding a drum didn't warrant a second review under the media's microscope.

But there only would have been one review if it hadn't leaked.  The reviews came from leaked material.

I think the album was sucessful in the sence that other bands sell less and continue to make albums, so i reject the idea that's been put forward by some that this band is dead due to the sales figures of CD. However, I also think that this album would have sold higher if it wasn't for the leaks, in particualr the last leak that was virtually everything.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

most people who download music, don't go out and buy it.

Got any statistics proving that? Or is this one of things we are supposed to believe because its GNR?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … tml?cat=17

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

While I think some people do what james does and "trial" music with a download and then buy everything they like and delete the rest. I wonder:

1. If it was impossible to download some times people would take a punt on an unknown. As a kid i'd often buy vinyal totally unheard based on the rep of the band or soemthing and it was hit or miss if i ended up enjoying the record or not. James' methods would only allow for the hits to get purchased.

2. I don't think everyone is as honest as james. Basicly, if you can get something for free why pay for it when times are tough. Yes theres arguments why people choose to support the band and stuff, but i think a lot of people would be like "fuck them they're already rich"

3. You might have intentions to buy it eventually. But if you dl a lot of stuff, sooner or later the list to buy gets a lot more than the disposable income....stuff would have to get missed.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Most people who downloaded this album aren't "Gn'R" fans, most people who download music, don't go out and buy it.

I don't know why you guys believe otherwise, anyway, fine... I have my view of the world.

please, if you don't mind, i am curious what a true G N' R fan is in your view of the world?

do i have to blindly support an album that i think is sub-par profesionally? an album that screams at me "thrown-together"?

blame the lack of success on 9 songs that a couple hundred geeks downloaded 6 months prior to the release? puh-leaseee

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

please, if you don't mind, i am curious what a true G N' R fan is in your view of the world?

do i have to blindly support an album that i think is sub-par profesionally? an album that screams at me "thrown-together"?

blame the lack of success on 9 songs that a couple hundred geeks downloaded 6 months prior to the release? puh-leaseee

+1

AtariLegend wrote:
supaplex wrote:

Yawn...

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Never said any of those things.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
supaplex wrote:

but you're going after the people that downloaded the leaks or downloaded this album without buing it.

you're standing here saying they are not true fans. well, here i am. i can be put in both those categories (got the leaks, didn't buy the album). please, why am i not a fan? i am open to discussion if i am a G N' R fan if you bring valid points.

and you didn't say what a G N' R fan is in your view.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
supaplex wrote:

but you're going after the people that downloaded the leaks or downloaded this album without buing it.

you're standing here saying they are not true fans. well, here i am. i can be put in both those categories (got the leaks, didn't buy the album). please, why am i not a fan? i am open to discussion if i am a G N' R fan if you bring valid points.

and you didn't say what a G N' R fan is in your view.

You should really buy the album.

Board footer