You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

MisterID has to seriously be out of his mind, if he thinks all of these boards exist as a tribute to new Guns N' Roses (1998-present).

If new Guns were all that popular, Axl wouldn't be playing 16/20 songs each concert from the 1987-1993 era.

Axl is no different than Taime Downe (Faster Pussycat) or Mike Tramp (White Lion), or the 16 different versions of LA Guns. The new band exists because the old hates his fuckin' guts or vice versa.

He's another 80's has been trying to still putter along, and squeeze every last drop out of the orange known as Guns N' Roses, because it's all he has left.

That's utterly laughable comparing Axl Rose to 2 guys 99% of the entire world has never heard of.

Sorry, I'm still laughing.

Wait, what's your point.

I'm sorry, still laughing.

16:haha::haha:

Wait seriously, you're comparing Axl Rose to the lead singer of White Lion and Faster Pussycat, please tell me you were joking.  If you're serious don't bother responding because it's not worth discussing.  Just quit right now or make pretend like you were just joking.  You'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

When you say the word "Axl Rose" to most people... they think of Bret Michaels.

Oh snap. 13

Say Bret Michaels to someone outside America, and they say "who?"

Say Axl Rose, and they say "Guns N'Roses."

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Say Bret Michaels to someone outside America, and they say "who?"

Say Axl Rose, and they say "Guns N'Roses."

Damn right it is.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
faldor wrote:

And I wasn't aware you could pinpoint every crossover pop single there ever was.  There are none on CD, thanks for letting me know.  How come you didn't tell Kid Rock that "All Summer Long" was a surefire hit when his album came out?  Alright, maybe that's harsh.  To put it more mildly, why didn't Kid Rock realize it would be a smash hit and release it right away?  Surely he should be a pretty good judge of what could hit and what would miss?

I believe the story with "All Sumer Long" was that the record label wanted to release it as a single when the album first came out, but were talked into waiting until summer came, because Kid Rock thought it would blow up during the summer.   Which it did.

Do you think there is a crossover single on CD? 

All Summer Long was played on Rock, Pop, and Country stations.  No way in hell there is anything on CD that could do that.  Not even just Rock and Pop.  Based on how the first two did, maybe not even Rock.

Again, I like the album, but the thought that is has a crossover hit on it is laughable.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe the blues will get some pop radio play

its really the only saving grace right now, we know it was planned to be the next single we just dont know when it's supposed to drop

(oh wait did i just say that? wink )

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

The wait, buzzsaw, the wait.  Obviously people knew about the album for quite some time.  If you told me you had a secret to tell me that would change my life I'd be very intrigued.  But if you held onto that secret for YEARS I may eventually throw in the towel and 10 years later I may have lost total interest.  So it might take some time to win back some fans that gave up.  It might not happen, but it's worth a shot.

And I wasn't aware you could pinpoint every crossover pop single there ever was.  There are none on CD, thanks for letting me know.  How come you didn't tell Kid Rock that "All Summer Long" was a surefire hit when his album came out?  Alright, maybe that's harsh.  To put it more mildly, why didn't Kid Rock realize it would be a smash hit and release it right away?  Surely he should be a pretty good judge of what could hit and what would miss?

The wait is just an excuse used by people in denial. Did it have a little impact on the sales?  Sure, some.  I ask again (since nobody wants to answer this question) how many albums sold in week 1? How many in the first month?  How many in all of 2009?  The album sold initially.  People were aware of it, between downloads and people that had bought it playing it for them a lot of people had heard it by week 2 or 3.  So what happened?  Again, keep in mind all promotion does is make people aware of the album.  People were aware of it, so why (other than they just didn't like it) did it fail after a couple weeks?

This isn't a Kid Rock board.  I didn't even bring him up, I was just addressing the rediculous point someone was trying to make using Kid Rock.  Kid Rock is no stranger to crossover hits.  He knows how to do it.  If I had the album (which I don't) and I was at a Kid Rock board, then yes, I could have easily told you he had a crossover hit.  It's a summer song released at the right time with a classic hook musically and catchy lyrics that people can relate to remembering their past summers.  Predicting success isn't rocket science for the most part.  That's what made CDs lack of success so predictable.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

If The World and Catcher In The Rye I think appeal to an audience outside the normal parameters.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah catcher is pretty awesome...love to hear it live too.

One thing actually...some of the singles in the old days were a bit odd too...like Civil War is a geat song but its not exactly normal musically either. It's no 2 min made for radio job.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Catcher could have been a crossover hit, but they sort of ruined it by a lot of sounds. Strip it down and make it even more Beatles-like, and you got yourself a deal.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

That was my biggest disapointment, the original had such a cool retro Beatles vibe. I couldnt care less about Brians Mays main solo being removed though, but that guitar noodling all the way through the outro ruined Axls finest vocals for me.
But my friends  love Catcher and dont notice the difference or care.

DCK

DCK wrote:

It had a very nice retro vibe to it. The original version was underwhelming compared to what the demo had in mind. Im not saying the demo was better than the original..just saying it came out underwhelming from what I heard on the demo.

Board footer