You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: I'm gonna share this with Evo first...

Alright, don't freak out, it's not a new song. It's "This I Love" like you've never heard it before. No drums, no guitar, no bass, lowered vocals -- all you want to hear is the backround instruments. You could hear every single flute, piano, violin, synth, woodwinds, strings, harp, symphony, EVERYTHING. I ripped it from Rock Band 2.

The best part that no GN'R fan has ever heard is during what would be Finck's solo, there's this Willy Wonka-esque buildup with the symphony that's breathtaking. I hope you enjoy.

Now listen, I know this might be illegal, but once alot of you get it and listen to it, we could delete this and start a discussion thread with no links.

PM me for the link.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Fuck it, I want this to spread.

Here's the link:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlwZ … MUFLSkE9PQ

gjuarez23
 Rep: 2 

gjuarez23 wrote:

wow it sounds beautiful without everything on it.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

thanks!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

THANK YOU

I liked the original with Finck's solo--it didn't bother me(the solo) but it wasn't great or anything.  This version you provided however blows the original out of the water.  The multiple instruments blend in with each other and adds that extra dimension that was Axl's original vision when he was constructing this song.  I love the extra touches that the flute, harp and other wooded instruments.  I could never hear the strings or the harp clearly in the original it was always buried under something.  This version with the lowered vocals allows the instruments a chance to move to the forefront.  The symphony has a melancholic sound which reinforces the main theme of lost love and is rather appropriate.

I wish they had just canned the guitar solo and went with this version.

BrokenGlassNCigs

It's absolutely gorgeous. You guys should spread it too, this deserves to be heard by GN'R fans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thanks. Everyone should give him karma. I'll DL this after my other DL finishes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

By the way, even though some of the lyrics are a tad cheesy, I always said this song lost a lot of the potential it had with that Finck solo being included. It destroyed the vibe of the song.

I'm so glad this Rock Band thing happened because we're eventually gonna get to hear this record with various bells and whistles removed.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Probably Axl's best piano work, and Pitman's best work I've heard in general.

BrokenGlassNCigs

Board footer