You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: I just finished school

Axl S wrote:

Well I've got three exams that I don't need to pass. So I'm job hunting starting Monday.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Congrats Axl S.

The first thing you'll discover at a University, is you're just another schmuck.

No one cares what you did, what you came from, and who you are. Get on board, or fuck off, and ALOT of people flunk out within their first semester or two.

I say this not to scare you, but as a good thing. It's so hilarious to watch all these pompous assholes you went to high school with, that think they're god's gift to the world, and they usually get their ass handed to them when they hit college. Suddenly the big fish in a little pond, becomes a minnow in an ocean.

I love college. Still going. I had a D-average in high school. Fuckin' hell that place. But in college, i've flourished. Borderline between high-B/low-A average for me now. Night and day. Love college, hated high school.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Congrats, I graduated HS so long ago, geeezz, I think kids born after that are now graduating high school.

Anyway, my advice.. Like someone else said, get a summer job. Any job, just get coin $$. You'll be glad at Uni you did. I worked at a resturant (Olive Garden) my college summers, it was a blast & cool people my age. Also Axl, not sure where you live, but take a road trip with your buddies. Learn how f'ing big this country & world really is. Even if you just spend a night or two out of town. Also, be openminded to making new friends, but don't sellout your old ones either. I'm sure it's different now & easier to keep in touch with hs buds thru myspace & FB, but still...

It's probably pretty dated (old) now, but watch the movie PCU if you get a chance. Enjoy this summer though, it's going to be your only one like it.  No more HS, no college friends either.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Axlin08 at first I thought this was you posting the OP, I thought to myself 'I always thought you were older'..?

Anyway, Axlin08 is right, before you (and everyone) were big fish in a small pond, at college you'll be the small fish in a big pond. Meaning there's thousands of other kids, just like you, just like your friends, just like the jocks in your school, and best of all just like the hot chicks you went to school with!! 5. College girls are nicer though, don't dress up everyday, nothing beats a hot chick in sweatpants with her hair undone.

Take it seriously (somewhat) though. A guy who smokes weed all day is a dime a dozen there & if you drop out, it's not really a loss to the school. They don't baby you. My advice (regrets) join a club or two, something within your major, or that interests you. Whether it's a radio show, volleyball, computer sci club, whatever, be active. I wish I was, I still enjoyed college though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVFfgoIKcg

Board footer