You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

faldor wrote:

Go to http://www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/ if you want to hear the Rock Band rips without lead guitar.

Chinese Democracy Rock Band 2 Rips, with lead guitars turned off.

Thanks to to: CoBrA2168
Whipped out by Mack Arillo at 5:25 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?itmx21vzdy3

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Here are some of my impressions on some of the Rock Band 2 rips:

SOD--the orchestra and symphony play a bigger role in the song and that is a good thing.  It gives the song an added touch of grandeur.  Honestly, I didn't miss the guitars here at all in this song.  A vast improvement over the actual version.

Catcher in the Rye--I hate to say this but even without the lead guitar this song still sounds like a clusterfuck.  Those Axl howling background vocals are distracting. The piano part in the outro sounds out of place and almost destroys Axl's vocals.  It doen't belong there and adds nothing to the song.  Without the lead guitar though, Brain's drumming shines through though and I am glad for that.

Madagascar--The lack of a solo is the major weakness here.  Without it the song just sort of sits there in the middle and I'm waiting for something, anything to happen.  I have a better appreciation for the quotes and the solo after listening to this version.

Prostitute--Not much of a difference here but there is some juicy rhythm guitar work around the 4:15 mark (Bucket?)

Better--the bass is loud and clear on this one.  Without the lead guitar you can hear the techno influences of the song.  One awkward part at around 3:28 or so there are 3 seconds of total silence.  I actually like the last minute with Axl's backing vocals and the last verse of the song.  I still prefer the 2006 version though.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

There Was A Time - just like I thought, a steaming topsy turvy turd only given credability by Buckethead saving the day at the end. Cool drums on that outtro as well.

AtariLegend wrote:

I like "Catcher In The Rye" without Lead Guitar, better than the album version.

Olorin wrote:

There Was A Time - just like I thought, a steaming topsy turvy turd only given credability by Buckethead saving the day at the end.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I'd be interested in hearing a more piano driven version of it.

Kind of like the 1999 version of the song.

AtariLegend wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Olorin wrote:

There Was A Time - just like I thought, a steaming topsy turvy turd only given credability by Buckethead saving the day at the end.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Agreed, love it in every version.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i love all the versions too. I really like the verses of the 99 version - the synth emphaisis goes well with the vocals...always felt the guitar added latter during the verse was too much....but I like the outro.

Awesome song in any form anyway.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TWAT is one of the best songs GN'R has ever recorded.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i`m seriously blown away by the version of this i love. how is someone able to replace this fantastic work with robin`s half assed solo???

in general, i think that these versions show a lot more of the genius we looked for in chinese democracy. it is there, but it`s a shame you have to look for it that deeply....

ron should`ve stayed out of the picture entirely if you ask me...   and the album should`ve been mixed by someone who knew what he does. i bet i`m not the only one here, who cringes, thinking about the lost potential this album shows..... it`s sad really. this strengthens my opinion, that CD could easily have been the masterpiece we hoped it`d be....

i need those multitracks!! badly!!!  and i`ll create my personal killer album!!

Board footer