You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Another Year Almost Gone By

Mysterion posted this on 12/1 on HTGTH in the Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year" thread

I'm sure the intention is to release the new album as soon as possible.

As for now though, nothing is scheduled or planned.

I've never been one to completely believe him and I've stated that before.  If nothing is planned then that would mean what, the recored company has nothing planned or Axl has nothing planned.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Looks like Axl and the record company are slogging it out then, with the album only being handed in if x,y,z are agreed.

That might take a week or might take a year hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Mysterion posted this on 12/1 on HTGTH in the Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year" thread

I've never been one to completely believe him and I've stated that before.  If nothing is planned then that would mean what, the recored company has nothing planned or Axl has nothing planned.

The maddening thing about Mysteron is the way he never really answers the deeper questions. Ok...so he has previously said the album is finished, now says  the desire is there to put it out, but they have no date in the works to do so. but WHY?

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

The maddening thing about Mysteron is the way he never really answers the deeper questions. Ok...so he has previously said the album is finished, now says  the desire is there to put it out, but they have no date in the works to do so. but WHY?

But you if really read what he has said here "I'm Sure" the intent is to release,  that line is his opinion.

The second line is as far as he knows, nothing is planned.   We don't know for sure if his knowledge if straight from the horses mouth that nothing is in the planned.

If he truly is connected and knows the real deal, straight from the GNR main camp, then he isn't gonna say anything other then vague stuff.  If he knows some stuff through being just affiliated in some way with them, then it's just giving us random little bits of either bullshit or true statements that he hears.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I know it's too early, but I'm starting to feel that even 2008 will pass by without CD.

Sky Dog wrote:

Call me naive, but I am a believer in Mysteron and those comments are pretty cryptic in my opinion....they have a negative tone to them which isn't a good sign at all.:mad:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Call me naive, but I am a believer in Mysteron and those comments are pretty cryptic in my opinion....they have a negative tone to them which isn't a good sign at all.:mad:

You insinuating a possible scenario that the record company is possibly rejecting it again or considering dropping them?

Sky Dog wrote:

no....just sounds like he knows nothing is going to happen for awhile. More like a stalemate in those pesky "renegotiations" Merck and Axl referred to. As I have said before, could be Axl being unreasonable or could be the record company. No way to tell, but I can't imagine relations are good after Axl sued them over the GH issue and spent 13 years trying to complete an album. Just think about it....can't be all hunky dory. Maybe both parties are trying to sell all the material to another record label, maybe they are  fighting over promotion, maybe the restructuring at Geffen and Interscope is affecting it, who the fuck knows!:flame:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You bring up an interesting point. Uni might be wanting to drop them, and Axl has no problem with it, but the issue is how to pay that big bill owed to Uni. Could be a reason for these various tours the past two years. Axl needs the cash to buy out the contract. Uni could of course take a loss just by dropping them no strings attached, but I'm sure they would like some sort of compensation.

If this scenario is anywhere close to the truth, we could be in for a long wait. No offense to people who think this band has a ton of influence, but they are gonna have trouble finding a label willing to sink a bunch of money into this project considering the resume(or lack thereof) of new GNR.

I wish someone at Uni would comment on this soap opera at some point in the coming months.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer