You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: You Could Be Mine featured in Terminator Salvation

Total Film has a list of reasons why they love the new Terminator Salvation movie:

5. It's Loaded With Nods To The Other Terminator Movies

Never once forgetting their franchise's heritage, McG and his team have packed Salvation with cleverly crafted – if occasionally unsubtle winks to what came before.

Our favourite? A snatch of Guns N’ Roses ‘You Could Be Mine’ when Connor tangles with a MotoTerminator…

Full list here: http://www.totalfilm.com/features/11-th … -salvation (Spolier warning!)

http://www.totalfilm.com/

Thanks to Buddha_Master from HTGTH.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

too bad gnr didnt insist on using a new song...and its too bad that the terminator franchise wouldnt allow gnr to use the YCBM vid in WTTV DVD, yet axl lets them use the song in the movie...unless the terminator franchise bought the song off axl hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

GN'R grant rights to their songs in films all the time these days (not always the case), so YCBM wouldn't be any different, considering the fact, Jungle, Paradise City, and Sweet Child pop up in almost every other film. I could imagine If The World in a Terminator film, but Body of Lies already used it.

I just hope the actual Terminator theme closes the film, like the previous films. And i'm talking the actual theme, not just the drum build up effect.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

too bad gnr didnt insist on using a new song...and its too bad that the terminator franchise wouldnt allow gnr to use the YCBM vid in WTTV DVD, yet axl lets them use the song in the movie...unless the terminator franchise bought the song off axl hmm

Shacklers would be perfect in a Terminator movie.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Its always good to have links/nods to the previous movies in sequels,
I think anyhow

Board footer