You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Universal Music rocks Formula 1™

elmir wrote:

Not sure in which section to post this, but considering Axl is a big Formula 1 fan, it may just be a platform where the band could feature...and if it gets boradcast, then we're in for some pro footage....finally...

Universal Music Group International and its JV company All The Worlds is pleased to announce the signing of an agreement with Formula One Administration Limited creating F1 ROCKS™, a pioneering and electrifying new global entertainment platform.

F1 ROCKS™ fuses the world’s most popular annual sporting series with the most iconic music stars to create an unrivalled experience for F1™ and music fans alike. At the core of F1 ROCKS™ is a series of spectacular multi-artist live music events from glamorous Formula 1™ race locations around the world. The combination of live performances from the world’s biggest acts together with stars from the world of movies, sport and fashion will create TV shows & Digital content that will be broadcast and streamed to a global audience.

“The partnership between the world's most thrilling sport and the world's biggest music company is one of the most exciting entertainment initiatives to be launched anywhere,” said Lucian Grainge, Chairman/CEO of Universal Music Group International.

“The combination of music, megastars and motor sport will create a groundbreaking, all-new entertainment spectacular, channeled through the multiple platforms open to our two global brands. I'm very much looking forward to working with Bernie. He had the imagination to see the potential in F1 Rocks from the very beginning, and we want to make it a huge success on a global scale."

Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One Group added: “I have always said that we are in the entertainment business and this deal marks a new dimension for Formula One. It is the result of many months of discussions with Lucian and I am very pleased we are now ready to go. Universal are the biggest players in the music industry and we have high hopes for what we can achieve together.”

source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9070.html

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Too bad Universal doesn't care about Axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That would be awesome if it happened.

I'd love proshot footage with the new line up!!

I know i always say this...but why not get the new band, some HD cameras and shit, do a proshot "rehersal" footage of them jamming out 2 or 3 tracks in a really intimate setting, looking all cool....then sell it as a one-off download on the website or something like that.

could be done pretty cheaply I'd have thought and still look pretty cool. Like that NIN dvd that came with "the slip" - small room artistily designed -  live jam - pretty killer.....

I'd love something like that. It'd just be nice to have a professional video of some kind of the current line up rather than relying on boots and stuff when a tour starts. And i can see making "videoclips" would be expensive...but a couple of live tracks like that...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Too bad Universal doesn't care about Axl.

According to Axl, it's Universal here in the US that doesn't care about him.  Universal international, they're fine with Axl.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Ah, good point. This might actually be the one case where somebody with UMG would indeed back some live shows.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That would be awesome if it happened.

I'd love proshot footage with the new line up!!

I know i always say this...but why not get the new band, some HD cameras and shit, do a proshot "rehersal" footage of them jamming out 2 or 3 tracks in a really intimate setting, looking all cool....then sell it as a one-off download on the website or something like that.

could be done pretty cheaply I'd have thought and still look pretty cool. Like that NIN dvd that came with "the slip" - small room artistily designed -  live jam - pretty killer.....

I'd love something like that. It'd just be nice to have a professional video of some kind of the current line up rather than relying on boots and stuff when a tour starts. And i can see making "videoclips" would be expensive...but a couple of live tracks like that...

Nice productive, straightforward ideas like that are probably veiwed as an insult to their "integrity" 
Their fans might enjoy it but somehow some way GN'R would twist and contort the notion into whoring their art and raping their integrity.

I'm fucking sick of that word, I never read it or hear it anywhere except on GN'R boards. Its an empty buzzword used as a cloak for their own failings.

Would using your own website be an insult to integrity? Axl bangs on about not wanting to work with media outlets and accuses them all of taking the piss out of him for years, but in this day and age you dont even need to involve them. GunsNRoses.com is all you need hmm

If they had used that website over the years to occasionally upload the odd live song or live video, with some pictures from tours and in the studio, the atmosphere in the online community would be nowhere near as bitter and disillusioned as it has become.

Its clear to me their attitude - subliminally beamed down into the message boards, to be automatically regurgitated by some minions whenever this topic comes up, are:

"nobody owes you" "Axl doesnt work for you" "CD just came out, your never fucking happy" "I'm sorry for you"  "you would only complain and bitch about it anyway" "stop whining, your such a whiny whiner, Whiny McFuckinWhine"

Thank god for my tartan tin foil tammy.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

If they had used that website over the years to occasionally upload the odd live song or live video, with some pictures from tours and in the studio, the atmosphere in the online community would be nowhere near as bitter and disillusioned as it has become.

Well they did do that in 2006 but I agree with what your saying they have the tools to deliver news without the media taking the piss out of them but they just do nothing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's because they're stuck between their own rock and a hard place.

They want to control the media and do it there way, but at the same time are either too lazy or incompetant to get it done or at the same time they hate the media, they realize they still need bigger media outlets for that big Guns N' Roses exposure, that Axl's come to expect.

Board footer