You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Who's DJ?

jamester wrote:

Sixx: AM  check out 2:30  and 3:30.. AXL put this guy to work lets get a tour!!

[youtube]HckqOWxGzZI&feature=related[/youtube]

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Same solo live:

It's too early to call, but I really suspect i'm going to like him more than robin, he seems like just what the doctor ordered.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

He crushes robin

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely. He destroys Robin.

Hopefully he brings that to GN'R, even though that song as a whole sucks.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It will be interesting to hear his take on GN'R material. I think he'll take over on This I Love.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they let DJ totally redo some of those solos, and make them his own, like Bucket did in 2002, it might just get interesting live.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I loved the song "Wasted" by Beautiful Creatures back when it came out around 2001 or so.  DJ's solo comes in at about 2 minutes to 2:40.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=40053897

The guy does have a pretty nice resume.  I know some people love to knock him.  I can't help it that I like that song, "Life Is Beautiful" and "Pray For Me" from SixxAM (as those are the ONLY SixxAM songs I've heard), and a bunch of songs from Saints of Los Angeles that he was involved with.

Edit:  Now I've heard 3 SixxAM songs after watcing the "Accidents Can Happen" video.  Sounds good, a little slow and sappy for my initial taste, but then again so was "This I Love".  I liked DJ's work on the song.  I just hope he's not wasting his time in GNR.  I mean it seemed like he was onto something with SixxAM, then again with Motley Crue active I guess that would always be secondary.  But at a time he was in a popular band playing live shows on Cruefest.  Now he's in a stagnant GNR sitting idle.  Again, hopefully there IS more to it then that, but that's what it looks like right now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chops wise he fucking BLOWS AWAY r o b in..... But, he is just a modern rock lead player.  Not to knock him, but there are a lot of new up and coming players like him.  Nick Perri is another.  They are good, even if not origiinal.  Have good solos, but nothing mind blowing.  At least you can say Robin WAS original.  But I prefer DJ.  don't be confused.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I liked robin's parts on CD, and respect that he has a unique and interesting voice as a guitarist, but I just didn't like what he did with the afd material. I think DJ's style suits those songs better...will be very interesting to see what he does.

I can't wait for some love shows with him, i'm really exicited...just seems like a good fit with everyone else.

Board footer