You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Check out this new rumor

Seven wrote:

"The Wall" was given very little promotional money for the same reason Chinese Democracy will not receive much promotional money. It does not need it.  Ax like Waters remains rigidly in control...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

From a global name recognition perspective, I think it will be a losing battle to fight for promotional funds... Just my opinion.  The Bean counters will not see huge promotion as necessary, at least on a global scale. Fighting with a Six Sigma mentality almost never changes the outcome...I kind of agree actually if you come on to strong with the promotion it cheapens the powerful presence that once epitomized the band...people will either buy it or they wont. More money at this point will not really change what is going to happen...Curiosity is often more powerful than something that is in your face... It will tip on its own like it always has or it will not. Not like they releases UYI in a timely manner either.. The right movie promotion has always been key for this band.

From a label perspective they can always add promotion funds to the back end if necessary. AFD was huge in some markets long before it hit others. Promotion at Geffen  was always like a ghost in the machine anyway...They stayed behind the band but in a sustained not particularly aggressive manner...Ax can generate plenty of press on his own when he starts the machine up...In reality probably more than he wants. They did not give him 13 million dollars or whatever it is up to now because they thought he was a lame horse, its a business not an art form ...When they drop the record it will reduce there touring promotion cost as well, thats where the money will be for the band. But its the mental health that takes you the distance.... NOT THE MONEY, It's not the money....

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

I'm a first time poster here on the "new era" G'n'R section so I'll just sit here and enjoy the posts carefully.............for now! smile

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'd like to see a TV commercial like the one NIN had for The Fragile (http://youtube.com/watch?v=f9HESQdbxr0 ). It gives away very little, but somehow its captivating even after you've owned the album for a long time. And hearing Trent without the music, without seeing all of him, is also very powerful. Could do the same thing with Axl.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Was this rumor before or after Mysteron said the ball was in the record company's court?  So I guess this person was right?

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

Yeah everything Bumble said was a joke. Recording is done. Anyway, I'm making T-Shirts, who wants one?

gtshirtmbfaw1ub7.png

The first one is Geffen taking a piss on the fans, the second one says 'pissing all over the fans since 2007' and the last two say 'Chinese Democracy.....Starts When We Get Our Money'. Personally I believe this rumor. Maybe not her post, but the rumor.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

So lets get this straight Axl's finally handed the album in, 14 YEARS after the last one and now people are making a big song and dance about how the record company are treating the fans like shit?

I hate the waiting as much as the next person, but I don't see how the record company is at fault for the bulk of the delay. In fact, if it wasn't for the record company pampering Axl's whims and huge budget we probably wouldn't have even had a look in at Chinese Democracy.

And I hope Axl ./ the band keep their mouths shut about the record company. Because it will seem pathetic if they start whining about it. What they need to do is start talking about the music rather than their missing property.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

I don't think that anyone was really bashing the record company, but its pretty much a general consensus that they are the reason for the delay the last couple of months since the record has been done.

Granted a lot of the delay of not having this record can be placed on Axl's shoulders, but the fact remains he doesn't owe anyone anything. Was the carrot dangled in front of us? Yes. Does life go on? Yes.

As much as I would have had liked to have the album now or years ago, it's Axl's life dude. Once art is released that's when it becomes 'someone elses'. He can do whatever he wants and whether we think that's fair or not it's not our business.

Blaming anyone isn't going to help the situation. Go live your life. 2113:rock:

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

I don't think that anyone was really bashing the record company, but its pretty much a general consensus that they are the reason for the delay the last couple of months since the record has been done.

Granted a lot of the delay of not having this record can be placed on Axl's shoulders, but the fact remains he doesn't owe anyone anything. Was the carrot dangled in front of us? Yes. Does life go on? Yes.

As much as I would have had liked to have the album now or years ago, it's Axl's life dude. Once art is released that's when it becomes 'someone elses'. He can do whatever he wants and whether we think that's fair or not it's not our business.

Blaming anyone isn't going to help the situation. Go live your life. 2113:rock:

I have a great life, thanks!

I bet the whole record company bashing takes off soon. Its not like the 'official' forum has done anything to stop it.

Board footer