You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HOOKERS N' BLOW News

AtariLegend wrote:

hnbawardsm.jpg

from http://www.myspace.com/hookersnblowme

HOOKERS N- BLOW TAKE HOME 3 AWARDS AT ROCKIES!

We'd like to thank all of our friends and fans for voting each week. We hope to see you each and every Wed. at Howl at the Moon/Universal City Walk, Hollywood, CA.

HOOKERS N BLOW AWARDS:

Favorite / Outstanding Drummer. Ron (?). Ron sometimes plays at Howl at the Moon and although isn't an "official" member, he's part of the Howl/Hookers Family. Congrats RON!!

Favorite / Outstanding Keyboards. Dizzy Reed!! Way to go!!

Favorite / Outstanding Cover Band. HOOKERS N BLOW co-wins with Happenin Harry and the Haptones. Congrats to HH and the H's.

*ps, troy did NOT steal Harry's Award. You can check the Photo's and Video. sorry you felt HNB would be a part of that.

Finally! Thanks to Chris at Howl at the Moon and his entire staff! Julian MR 80's Douglas and Wayback Wednesdays for all of the help each and every week! Rock City News and Ruben for your support of LA's Music Scene.

The award is a win for all of us!

Dizzy Reed, Mike Duda, Troy Patrick Farrell, Alex Grossi, Chad MacDonald, John Corabi, Jizzy Pearl, CJ Szuter, Curtis Roach, Scotty Griffin, Matt Starr, Tsuzumi and Mayuko Okai, Richard Fortus, Scotty Slamm, Chuck Wright, MAD DOG Don Rutherford, Eric Dover and YOU!--

SEE HOOKERS N BLOW DEC 15 @ the Cat Club

SEE HOOKERS N BLOW DEC 21 @ Paladino's for our XMAS HO SHOW

From "hnb" at MYGNR

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

They won best "cover band." They must be proud.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I wanted GN'R to win that award!!

cool for Dizzy and friends smile

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

Eric Dover is on that list....interesting.
Goes to show how incestuous the LA music scene really is...still to this day.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'd like to know who is in this Happenin Harry and the Haptones band of they can compete with HnB

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

This seems like as good a place as any to put this, just logged into myspace and saw this from Dizzy:

PLEASE ADD my new music page. Check it out to hear a bunch of my NEW TUNES and get updates on all the goings on with myself and ALL of my swell bands including Hookers & Blow, Starfuckers, The Howl at the Moon Hookers & Blow (featting RCN Drummer of the year Ron Whitaker!!), Rockers and Jaw Droppers, The Haptones AND GnR, while I phase out my boring personal page!! I love you all and thanks for your support over the years and all the spam too, of course!

There's three songs on there at the moment if anybody's interested in hearing it.

http://www.myspace.com/292582029

Sky Dog wrote:

oh lord....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

oh lord:ummm::nervous:

Yeah, all this solo stuff seems to be getting kicked up a notch. We all know what happens when these guys start doing solo material.

I have nothing against them all doing their own thing, but it shows that there is nothing going on at the moment regarding GNR. Like a week or so ago, even Mysteron admitted there were no plans at this time.

Sky Dog wrote:

It almost makes me mad to see these threads and watch people say the same shit they said 4 years ago.:headbang: more wine needed.:flame:

Board footer