You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Steve McNair Found Dead

tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah I bet a bunch of athletes are taking a look at their lifestyles after this little incident. Nothing wrong with simply being a good husband and not cheating on your wife with every hot piece of ass that comes around looking to use you for money. Piss off the wrong one and you can get McNaired. I liked McNair as a football player but I lost a lot of respect for him with this ordeal. Cheating on his wife with not one but two girls. That is just fucked up for a 36 year old married guy who has kids to still be acting like a single 20-25 year old NFL player would.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Typical NFL, self-absored, "dumb fucking jock", as my main man Lucas said.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I

liked McNair as a football player but I lost a lot of respect for him with this ordeal. Cheating on his wife with not one but two girls.

Where does it say that?  She only thought he was cheating on her.  We also have no idea the state of the McNair's marriage either.  By all accounts, he was extremely involved in his kids' lives unlike others--Travis Henry comes to mind.

Typical NFL, self-absored, "dumb fucking jock", as my main man Lucas said.

No, it makes him human like the rest of us.  I guess I'll stand up for him because he was my favorite player for my favorite team.  He has weakness like the rest of us--alcohol and women--ultimately led to his demise.  Neither of us are perfect.  This shouldn't diminsh some of his off field charitable works.  Get off the soap box.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You can be a helluva guy, and still be a self-absorbed, dumb fucking jock.

Do you really think, that I think, that Michael Jackson did all his stuff out of the goodness of his heart? 50% of his motive, if not more, was to appease his own ego. Same with McNair.

I'm not on a soap box, i'm just calling it like it is. Any man that cheats on his wife, is a fucking scumbag that deserves everything he gets, including death. That's just the way the wind blows sometimes when you play with fire. Sometimes you get burned for good. Just the way life goes. I don't care if he pulled kittens out of a tree on a daily basis, he cancelled it all out when he laid down in a bed of a woman, other than his wife.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Do you really think, that I think, that Michael Jackson did all his stuff out of the goodness of his heart? 50% of his motive, if not more, was to appease his own ego. Same with McNair.

I'm not on a soap box, i'm just calling it like it is. Any man that cheats on his wife, is a fucking scumbag that deserves everything he gets, including death. That's just the way the wind blows sometimes when you play with fire. Sometimes you get burned for good. Just the way life goes. I don't care if he pulled kittens out of a tree on a daily basis, he cancelled it all out when he laid down in a bed of a woman, other than his wife.

So Warrick Dunn who I believe helps single parent families with the financing of new houses every year does it out of ego gratification, not because he wants to actually help these people avoid the problems of poverty similiar to what he suffered growing up?  Or Derrick Brooks who takes school children to Africa every year?  McNair and Farve assisting in the recovery of Mississipi post-Katrina did all that for pub and not because they actually live there and have placed down roots there or that they saw it was being neglected.  Mississippi is annually noted as being the poorest state in the nation.

Regarding your second point, what if a marriage can't be saved?  Assume that a couple has gone through every concievable channel--counseling, therapy, etc and they still can't get along?  They don't want to get divorced because it would cause problems for their children--then what?  Would you be so harsh in your condemnation?  So one--or both--of the spouses cheat, not because they want to but because they seek love that they can't have in their marriage?  Would that person still be a fucking scumbag?

I am not defending McNair on his vices.  I just don't think he deserves some of the stuff that is being thrown his way.  He isn't Pacman Jones or any of that ilk.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If he and his wife, were seperated, then no my condemnation wouldn't be to such a high degree.

Depends on the situation. But 'good deeds', despite a selfish life, will not get you the stairway to heaven imo.

I don't think McNair gets a pass, simply because of chartible donations of money and time.

As for ego, Warrick Dunn is a good example. He obviously wants to geninuely give back.

The reason I brought up the Michael Jackson reference, is, that despite Michael's world record like donations to charties and creation of charties, evidence and it's confirmation exists that Jackson scripted and planned alot of his photo opp's, including the creation of humanitarian awards in his honor that didn't exist before, per the publicist for most of his career.

Not to mention my own experiences. Just about every other day, I see someone go down to a homeless shelter to prepare and/or serve food, and then chest-beat about how great they are because they did that. For me, that's doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I didn't know this response would get this detailed on someone's worth in the world. My original statement was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I liked McNair as a football player but I lost a lot of respect for him with this ordeal. Cheating on his wife with not one but two girls.

Where does it say that?  She only thought he was cheating on her.  We also have no idea the state of the McNair's marriage either.  By all accounts, he was extremely involved in his kids' lives unlike others--Travis Henry comes to mind.

Right here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4318529

"Nashville police say in the days leading up to the murder-suicide, Kazemi saw another young woman leaving the condominium where she and McNair would soon be found dead."

And later in the article:

"Police said she had recently begun to suspect McNair was seeing another young woman. Kazemi had even followed that woman home, although she did not confront her."

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Alot of these 'mistresses', there's usually a reason they don't have a steady relationship with their own man.... mainly because they're fucking crazy bitches.

I've known many of women, family members included, that have been the mistress-type, and almost all of them develop a fixation on the man they are with. They're in love, they're gonna get married, they're gonna have kids, they're gonna live forever together, etc. Usually all created in their mind, while the man, who's a scumbag liar already, just tells them what they want to hear, so they'll spread those ass cheeks.

Because most of them already feel some sort of guilt, because they are the mistress, something not praised by society, they already feel like they are sacrificing their dignity, for companionship.

So when THEY are the ones that get cheated on. They feel 10 times more scorned, because of the humiliation is to a higher degree, because not only have they been lied to, but they've been humiliated, used, and dehumanized... and they're STILL the skanky slut.

When you have that fixation on that person, combined with that HUGE kick in the nuts to your perception on your social existence in the world, not to mention anti-social complexes on men to begin with.... you literally go off the deep end.

I've seen it happen a few times in my life, with people close to me. Friends, aunts, cousins, things like that.

You can see the same personality on episodes of Cheaters.

I think this girl with McNair was no different, and THAT was the reason she stalked him, killed him, and then killed herself.

Board footer