You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: Oh My God

Gagarin wrote:

I like My World. Always have... sad

Axl said they "weren't playing songs they were considering as singles" in 2002 - and that included Chinese, Maddy, and The Blues. First single WAS Chinese. What happend to that??? I wonder if we got the sacrificial lamb album...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We did. We got a leaks album, but at the same time, I think every track we did get, we're already in heavy consideration to make the album anyways.

Axl also found out when he got the tracklist together, that there were only two songs that had enough of a hook to be singles, and that was CD & Better. I think Shackler's Revenge was also in consideration for a single at a time, until it was DOA with Rock Band, and didn't really gain alot of attention.

NONE of the ballads are radio-ready. He might could've gotten away with If The World, but like Shackler's, that was another DOA song, that was a blip on the radar when it was included on the Body of Lies sdtk.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

NONE of the ballads are radio-ready. He might could've gotten away with If The World, but like Shackler's, that was another DOA song, that was a blip on the radar when it was included on the Body of Lies sdtk.

I don't know if you can call Shackler's and If The World DOA songs that failed.  Shackler's you could have a good argument because as far as I can tell the rock band gamers didn't think too highly of the song.  But it really didn't get a huge push outside of the rock band world.  I've used "Shackler's Revenge" as my team name for a couple fantasy teams and nobody knows what the hell it means.  And I certainly don't think you could say "If The World" failed.  If anything you can say "Body of Lies" bombed, so even less people got to hear the song. 

Unfortunately the band SHOULD'VE released both songs as singles when the 2 projects came out, had videos for them ready to go.  That would've been great promotion for the upcoming album release.  THEN, and only then, could we judge if the songs really failed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem imo is that those songs were blown. I certaintly think Shackler's appeals far more to a radio audience, than CD.

They didn't even try to expose it outside of Rock Band 2.

Board footer