You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Black Knight

polluxlm wrote:

I found this on another forum. A little messy, but goddamn, I've never ever even heard about this.

MYSTERY SATELLITE

At the time, Professor Martin Byron was in Melbourne, Australia,
on a scientific lecture tour.
He had just stepped under the shower, when a sharp tingle sent him
scurrying to his bedside phone.
Pasadena, California. "Martin, there's been another sighting of the
Black Knight. The NASA men are calling for details. Kazantsev in
Moscow is pushing for an immediate expedition to the vicinity. We want
you back as soon as possible."
Byron set down the receiver.
So it was on again. Not sighted for twenty years. And now . . . He
snatched up the mouthpiece and dialed another number.

MYSTERY SATELLITE

I was still some fifteen minutes away from Byron's hotel apartment,
which afforded time for reflection.
It was, I recalled, in October 1957, that man's most daring triumph'”
Sputnik I'”had been rocketed suddenly into orbit 584 miles above the
earth.
With excitement, mingled almost with disbelief, millions worldwide
had scanned the night sky to glimpse that shining artificial moon
skimming on its path east to west against the canopy of stars.
Within four months America had followed suit.
So, after aeons of tortoise-paced development, humanity had suddenly
leapt off the planet; it was startling'”and we were alive to see it!
Then came a bizarre discovery. It was hushed up quickly, I recalled.
I was now at Byron's hotel. The ignition key off, I sat, musing.
As tracking stations swung into action to monitor these new moons,
the night sky had tossed up an awesome mystery. Another satellite was
discovered already in orbit.
Certainly it was neither American nor Russian'”and the uncanny truth
was nobody else had the technology.

ASTRONOMERS IN SHOCK

French astronomer Jacques Valle of the Paris Observatory, saw it
three times in 1961 and got eleven data points in forty-five seconds.
It seemed to be orbiting in reverse at an altitude of over 22,000
miles above the earth.
Experts were jolted. Who put this satellite into orbit? How long had
it been there?
"I'm glad you could come." smiled the professor, offering a chair.
"Now there's something for your research. I might say the Russians
have the edge on us, in this investigation.

WILL SOMEONE BOARD IT?

'Lev Gindelis and the Pulkovo Observatory in Leningrad concur that
the Black Knight is out there waiting for us to explore its cargo,
and God only knows, whatever we find aboard it may change the course
of history."
I shuffled intently. 'So you believe this is an intelligently placed
vehicle?"
"Well, it's not a meteor, and you can rule out space junk."
Let me share with you a little more detail, here.

OTHERS INVESTIGATE THIS ODDITY

In 1953, four years before the U.S.S.R. launched Sputnik I, it was
sighted by Dr Lincoln La Paz of the University of New Mexico.
As more reports of sightings trickled in from around the world, the
U.S. Department of Defense appointed distinguished astronomer Clyde
W. Tombaugh to run a search for the mystery object. The same man had
discovered Pluto in 1930.
The Pentagon never formally released the results of Dr Tombaugh's
study.
And no more was heard about the object until December, 1957, when Dr
Luis Corralos of the Communications Ministry in Venezuela photographed
it.
The first modern satellite, Sputnik I, had been launched two months
earlier. Dr Corralos was taking pictures of Sputnik II as it passed
over Caracas.
His photograph revealed a trace of a second, unknown object following
the Soviet satellite.
Compared with the satellites being put into orbit by the United States
and the Soviet Union, this unknown satellite was huge. Astronomers and
military tracking stations were following its course.

IN A POLAR ORBIT

Then on January 4, 1960, scientists discovered two large objects in a
polar orbit.
Up to that time, neither the U.S. nor the U.S.S.R had achieved a polar
orbit.

ENORMOUS SIZE

The objects were estimated to weigh at least 15 tons confused.gif . By comparison,
the largest U.S. satellite at that time weighed 450 pounds and the
largest Soviet satellite 2,925 pounds.
In February, the U.S. Department of Defense made an official
announcement about an unknown satellite that was orbiting the earth.
In a 1,104 word special news release published in the New York Times
on February 11, John W. Finney announced:
'An unidentified, silent satellite has been discovered circling the
earth in a near-polar orbit by United States tracking stations, the
Defense Department said today.
'The identity and origin of the mystery satellite - which has been
dubbed '˜the dark satellite' are not known despite nearly two weeks of
tracking.'
Several different observatories tracked and studied it, as well as the
National Space Surveillance Control Center at New Bedford,
Massachusetts.
Professor Alla Masevich, the Soviet scientist in charge of the Russian
Sputnik tracking programme, denied that the mystery satellites belonged
to the Soviet Union.

THE BLACK KNIGHT

The press labelled the object The Black Knight. It was extensively
discussed in the New York Times, Newsweek, Life, and other major
periodicals.
Since then, this amazing discovery has been buried in the fine print
of NASA's weekly catalogue of debris and objects orbiting the earth.

DID ANCIENT MAN LAUNCH SATELLITES?

Did our ancestors really launch satellites? I'm not just talking about
flight'¦ but something far ahead of that. Was ancient man really so
advanced?
Occasionally I am asked for updates on this mystery satellite.
Unable to find anything about it on the Internet, some have questioned
the validity of the report in my book Dead Men's Secrets.
More recently I received an email from JM, a well-known U.S. radio
host.
He reported, 'I asked a friend with privileged access about the '˜Black
Knight'. His surprised response: '˜How do you know about that? It's
highly classified''.

THREATENED WITH DEATH

JM added, 'I have two of the three dimensions: 10 feet X 70 feet'¦ The
PTB (Powers That Be) pretty much threaten death to anyone revealing
what they know about this. This is one of the best kept secrets on
the planet. They use the usual techniques of compartmentalization,
etc'.
Such behaviour is fairly common in relation to discoveries that
threaten the prevailing theory that man in the past was primitive -
evolving from animals.
The existence of high technology thousands of years ago supports rather
the idea that early man began life on earth with high intelligence and
a feeling for handcrafts and technology - just as the biblical book of
Genesis says.
This may come as a shock to you. But giant earth orbiting satellites
made of shiny metal are described in detail in ancient Sanskrit texts geek.gif ,
right down to their dimensions and interiors.
Also smaller craft that fly between them and the earth.
What are we discovering here? Nothing less than extremely advanced
man-made technology in the past.

ANCIENT CHINESE SPACE TRAVEL

Indications of the reality of ancient space travel do come from widely
separated parts of the world. Written - as well as oral - tradition is
widespread, and, it seems, reliable.
The Indians speak not only of ancient man-made satellites, but also
space vehicles leaving this earth.
So do the Chinese - in amazing detail.
Chinese historians in particular never tried to please their rulers at
the expense of truth. Death was preferred to untruthful reports of
history.
As an example, we have the fate of historians in the reign of Chi in
547 BC. We should therefore take seriously the historical reports of
China, even if they seem at first to be far-fetched.
It's time we took a fresh look at our history'¦ all scientifically
described and documented, by reporters who lived in an age when not
only flight was common, but even visits to the moon and possibly to
more distant areas of our solar system.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Article in Time (1960): http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … id=googlep

Edit: Some additional tidbits

In Disneyland of the Gods, John Keel writes of the Black Knight satellite. Never mind the almanac. You won't find it listed with Sputnik or Explorer. Black Knight is the name given to a radar blip discovered in 1960. This mystery satellite was found in a polar orbit, something neither the US nor the Soviets had accomplished. It was several times larger and several times heavier than anything capable of being launched with 1960 rockets. It shouldn't have been there, but it was.

If that weren't enough, ham operators began receiving odd messages from the Black Knight. One operator decoded a series of these messages as a star map. The map centered on Epsilon BoÅ¡tes as seen from the earth 13,000 years ago. Remember, stars don't move very far even after 13,000 years, and Epsilon BoÅ¡tes is moving towards us. Only the neighboring stars appear different after that amount of time. Was the Black Knight an alien calling card?

I gotta get myself a telescope.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pretty interesting. I've never heard of this before although I have heard the theory that man was technologically very advanced thousands of years ago. People have pointed to things like the egyptian pyramids to support this theory. It leaves a very big question though if you accept that we could go to space thousands of years ago, what happened in the period in between? Civilizations thousands of years ago were sending satellites into space yet the technology to do so was only developed in the last 50 or so years. How did we forget to do that? What happened to humanity to put us back to the stone age in terms of knowledge when we could supposedly fly into space thousands of years ago?

What's more likely, the satellite was sent by man thousands of years ago or the satellite was from another planet entirely?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Pretty interesting. I've never heard of this before although I have heard the theory that man was technologically very advanced thousands of years ago. People have pointed to things like the egyptian pyramids to support this theory. It leaves a very big question though if you accept that we could go to space thousands of years ago, what happened in the period in between? Civilizations thousands of years ago were sending satellites into space yet the technology to do so was only developed in the last 50 or so years. How did we forget to do that? What happened to humanity to put us back to the stone age in terms of knowledge when we could supposedly fly into space thousands of years ago?

What's more likely, the satellite was sent by man thousands of years ago or the satellite was from another planet entirely?

There are many theories on the subject.

They've found places in the middle east where sand has been turned into glass. This is what happens when a nuclear bomb goes off. Ancient mythology talks a lot about horrific events taking place around 13000 years ago. So perhaps it all got lost in a nuclear holocaust?

Myself I am believer in alien visitation. I think they came here in ancient times and ruled the earth for a period of time. This explains why there are so many anomalies in archeology, like batteries found in Baghdad, the Pyramids etc. Take the Mayans for example, they knew more about the stars than we do in some aspects. Obviously they didn't have telescopes since we would've found some traces of it, but perhaps someone from another galaxy did and the knowledge survived in fragments?

Ancient stories about "gods from the sky in silver chariots" are all over the place. So far conventional history has not produced an explanation for this other than "the ancients had vivid imaginations". Perhaps, but did they also have vivid telegraphs? How else can South America, North America, Europe, Africa, Scandinavia, Asia and Australia been indulging in the very same fantasies?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Man wasn't nearly advanced enough back then. Either it was extra terrestrials or just a highly, highly classified project from some country, either Russia or the U.S. I've never heard of this, and it's interesting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've never heard of this either. Very bizarre. Its certainly possible it was from some ancient civilization here,  but more likely from some alien civilization.

Anyone remember the mythical planet Vulcan?? It was spotted several times many years ago orbiting between the Sun and Mercury. One theory is that it wasn't a planet but an alien probe monitoring the Sun and probably collecting samples, which is why it was never spotted again. It left our system.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I've never heard of this either. Very bizarre. Its certainly possible it was from some ancient civilization here,  but more likely from some alien civilization.

Anyone remember the mythical planet Vulcan?? It was spotted several times many years ago orbiting between the Sun and Mercury. One theory is that it wasn't a planet but an alien probe monitoring the Sun and probably collecting samples, which is why it was never spotted again. It left our system.

Would we have detected something as small as a probe at that distance though? Think about it, if aliens are monitoring the sun there are bound to be many other crafts in our system. Why aren't those detected?

I think perhaps it's more likely to be what they call 'planet x', which supposedly have an orbit of several hundred years.

Anyway, back to the satellite.

What really interests me is the total lack of knowledge about this although it seems to have been a hot topic 50 years ago. That smells of major secrecy for very obvious reasons.

At some point this cover-up, whatever it is, is bound to break apart. The effects is going to be monumental.

It's about time we stop fucking around with our petty wars and quarrels about gay marriage. There are far more interesting things we should be looking at. Britney's snatch is not one of them...ok, bad example. Britney's bald head is not one of them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, I agree that this should get more mainstream attention. One of those magazines that covered the story years ago should do a follow up story.

I also agree that society's obsession with war, celebrities, reality shows,etc. needs to stop. Mankind is at a very advanced stage technologically, and will continue to improve daily. We need to use that advancement to solve the mysteries of life instead of wondering who Lohan gave a blowjob to last night.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

God damn, polluxlm, won't you give it a rest already. Jesus H. Christ, I mean, Britney's snatch is certainly good enough for me. Lol! 20

On a non-joke note, this is really interesting and I'm gonna try to do some research on it.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Found a thread worth browsing on the subject from another forum.

--

The Black Knight from Space

I was in a bookstore and was just flipping through a bargain book of weird happenings. One entry, only a couple of paragraphs long, caught my interest because I had never heard of it before.

The basic blurb was that in 1957, an unknown satellite was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft. It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were "decoded" (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before. This object was dubbed "The Black Knight."

Also in this blurb, there was mention that science fiction author Philip K. Dick believed that he was in contact with this object, which he wrote several novels about, and gave it various names (VALIS, Zebra).

So obviously intrigued, I did some searching on ATS and found no mention of it. Google had a few returns which indicated this story was first written about in John Keel's "Disneyland of the Gods." The effort is hampered because there are several legit satellite projects codenamed "Black Knight."

The information of Dick's experiences and writings indicated he received visions, and seemed to interperet the experience and object in somewhat Christian religious terms, in addition to strange communications and diagrams he couldn't interperet. He eventually became paranoid Russian scientists were attempting to control the satellite. A science fiction writer infamous for his heavy drug use eventually living out a sci-fi story... seems to me just as likely that it was just his lifestyle catching up to him than any ET communication. But who knows.

In my searching, I also discovered a very close story from 1927, 30 years earlier. It involves the phenomena of Long Delayed Echoes. Essentially, these are radio transmissions that are reflected back, apparently from space, seconds to minutes after they are first sent. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It could be atmospheric effects just making it appear as if the transmissions are coming from space, or it could ben an alien craft attempting to communicate with us. Logically, it would send back transmissions it recieved from Earth because it could be almost positive that we could receive it. Anyway, the story is that Norwegian scientists received strange radio "echoes" in 1927-28. In the 1970's Scottish astronomer Duncan Lunan interpereted the delayed transmission as a star map... of Epsilon Bootis. Whether these are two instances of the same stragne transmissions, or one story is a retelling of the other is unknown to me. It wouldn't be the first time the same ideas were repackaged and attempted to be passed off as a "new" anomalous story.

Anyway, I made this thread just to get the story out there, and to ask if anybody has any additional information regarding it. Below are links to everything pertinent I could find on the internet, and most are just retellings of the same story in different forms.

The Black Knight from Space- Inspiration for the title and a good overview.

Mystery of the Alien Satellite- The 1927 story.

Alien Artifacts in the Solar System- Article detaling several strange incidents, including the one above. Also discusses theoretical Bracewell Probes.

ASTRA and SETI- Introduction by Duncan Lunan, as far as I can tell originator of the Epsilon Bootis inteperetation.

ET Radio Signals- More info on the 1927-28 events.

Phildickian Gnosticism- OVerview of Philip K. Dick's involvement in the affair.

--

Anyway, I spent some more time researching. The first polar orbiting satellite was launched in 1960. The Black Knight story (apparently from Keel) states the polar orbit in 1957 was impossible. It is possible that there may have been a test of a polar orbiting satellite in 1957 coinciding with the Sputnik launch, but it may have met catastrophic failure and swept under the rug after the success of Sputnik. But I don't think there ever was a Black Knight.

The first article I linked to stated polar orbits were impossible in 1960, which is flat out wrong, as I've discovered. Also, Keel's book mentioning the subejct was apparently first published in 1988, long after Dick had died and Lunan had released his analysis of the 1920's event. Ample time for Keel to purposely or accidentally merge many stories together.

Honestly, I believe the Black Knight event to simply be a retelling of three separate events. One, is the LDE event from 1927-28, interperetted in 1970 by Duncan Lunan. The second was the large object detected in polar orbit in 1960. The third was Dick's experiences. By 1988, these had merged into a single story, with Sputnik as a backdrop to give an added degree of mystery because at that time, polar orbits were "impossible." After all, it's our first object placed into orbit, of course the mysterious alien probe will be interested in it. It's a great story.

But, just because I believe the Black Knight story to be a synthesis of different events doesn't mean there's nothing to those events. The LDE from 1927-28 I find interesting, as the supposed massive object detected by NORAD in 1960. Dick's story is a little to odd for me to touch at this point, and it's hard to palce it into a timeline when one fo his main points end sup being that time is an illusion  . I'll do a little more reading tomorrow, but it's late. If anyone has any information they know of (or something to discredit my confabulation theory), please feel free to add it. It'll probably be appropriate to modify the OP as well, I'll get to that later.

As an aside, a "Black Knight" is a term for a knight which either has no allegiance or wished to hide it, covering his colors and symbols. It would be a good name for a mysterious alien satellite.

- abovetopsecret.com

Board footer