You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: So I 'performed' My Michelle...

Gagarin wrote:

I was on vacation in the DR at one of those resort places and they had a karaoke night. I was the second person to go up...

So when I go up there I tilt the screen to the side and they say 'you don't need?' and I say 'well I won't need it much'... I then move out to the center of the open pavaillion.

This was the best karaoke setup I've ever seen. Great PA system and wireless mics, big screen with a LCD projector, and a flat-screen for a lyric monitor.

And there was about 100 feet to move around.

So I was doing the Axl moves the best I could during the introduction, I ran around...

I didn't need the lyric monitor much, just to know when the promt was to go back to the chorus or verse.

BTW - I'm sort of out of shape, but running around and dancing makes things REALLY hard to sing. I did a 'good job' but had I stood still I could have been better... but... it wouldn't have been as fun!

So the "crowd" (packed... most successful activity they had that week) went crazy. It was totally one of those unexpected moments that raised the bar for the night. Normally most people just sing... I 'performed' wink .

The next two days I had people calling me by name and complimenting me - that was a LOT of fun! smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very cool. Glad you had a blast.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sounds cool, too bad no cell phone vids.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Where is the DR?

Sounds like a pretty awesome peformance. I think you are on to something, there's a lot more to watching a good singer than just the singing, a big part of the excitment is generated by stage presence. Although that said, the vocal lines in GNR are normally pretty challanging for most singers too!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I assumed he meant Dominican Republic. It's down in the Carribean.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Indeed, Dominican Republic.
'Majestic Ellagence in Punta Cana', kind of a shit hole, I don't know... you can make any place look good in pictures, but if you're scared to eat the food and then you get sick... not much fun, even if I drank Pina Coladas all day.

Board footer