You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: KISS Sonic Boom

Axlin16 wrote:

Got around to hearing the clip of "Modern Day Delilah"... I like it.

I don't know if love is the word, because alot of KISS catalog merges together after awhile with the kind of time they've been in the business, but this track, if it's any representation of the new album, will totally wet KISS fans appetite, as it is a total throwback to 70's era KISS. If you enjoy that, you'll enjoy this, especially the Destroyer to Love Gun era.

I know it kind of sounds like the same stuff KISS themselves are saying, but it's true. The track is total cheese, but in that KISS-manner, that only they can get away with.

Just might pick this up with a new album, a hits remix collection, and 6-7 live performances on a DVD for only $11.99. I personally would like to see them return to the 80's era KISS, but that's just my lone opinion.

My two cents

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The cd that is the re-recorded greatest hits songs, they released it in Japan only last year. I bought it for $40. Now it'll be part of a package for $11! 14

I think "Modern Day Delilah" sounds a lot like something from "Revenge", though we've only heard like a minute so far.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Is it a cover of this "gem" from the '80s?

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

No, its an original.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

That's a shame.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

NYGiants maybe you could clear this up... how many covers has KISS done over the years? I don't remember many.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

^ I thought that was an interesting question, and I found this http://www.coversproject.com/artist/kiss/ 

Although I know it's not complete because they're on the Ramones Tribute album doing "Do You Remember Rock And Roll Radio" for sure.

I can't believe I had no idea God Gave Rock and Roll to You was a cover until I just saw it on that website.

Edit: Another website that seems pretty cool after 2 minutes of looking on similiar subject matter http://www.secondhandsongs.com/artist/1533#t3

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, forgot about that. That was the most obvious one was God Gave Rock n' Roll To You.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

NYGiants maybe you could clear this up... how many covers has KISS done over the years? I don't remember many.

Off the top of my head I think maybe 3 or 4. There are several that were "redone" so they werent 100% covers as well.

Here is a good site that tells what they covered, and little explanations on them. I use this site for all things KISS! 9

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind … .27_Covers

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

"Modern Day Delilah" can now be heard in its entirety on www.kissonline.com. It was released today to radio stations as the first single on the album.

Man that song kicks fucking ass! I love it!

Board footer