You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I'm not sure what the debate here is about the band's tour plans.

Faldor - are you disputing that the band was rehearsing for an upcoming tour?

I agree that no dates were set in stone, but, it's obvious they were in negotiations to tour and were rehearsing for it. Ashba was brought in to play Robin's role for the upcoming tour.

You've all watched these vids, right?

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2 … f-bag.html

For the record, I strongly believe that Robin's parts are staying on the unreleased material. I have heard alot of talk that Ashba is recording over Robin's parts. As far as I know this is complete rubbish.

No, I realize they were in rehearsals for 3 months.  That's been confirmed by Ron, DJ, Frank, among others.  Obviously they were rehearsing with the intention of going on tour.  I just don't buy Vince's story that the tour was cancelled.  The tour never got underway, no dates were ever announced, venues booked, as far as I know.  So maybe the prospects of a tour were cancelled, but in reality there was no tour to cancel.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'm actually surprised Vince wasn't flamed more than this.  And I agree with him.  Hmmm!  Maybe Axl has finally lost what remained of his fanbase.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You think?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You think?

Doesn't look good my friend.  Or at least the remaining fanbase lost interest.

Oh, please...

What's different than before? Nothing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No way man. NO FREAKIN' WAY.

I can't believe people still believe that. EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED. EVERYTHING.

We might stick around and still bs this thing. Yes that's the same.

But the album is gone. That lingering thing isn't there anymore, the veil has been lifted, what kept alot around for years has now been released, and already there's been a mass exodus with CD's release representing an end game for a generation of Gunners, myself included.

The business also recognizes this, and it's the reason Axl's not working. The album was also Axl's last ace in the sleeve, not just with audiences, but with the tolerance of his fanbase accepting his shit. Now that it's release was botched even further... it's became a whole new galaxy of worse.

There's literally a hatred and venom towards the man that has never existed inside his own hardcore fan base. It's existed for years outside of it, but his hardcores, was his last line of defense... now they have grown to loathe the man.

You might not see anything different, but I see tons. I've been around awhile, lurking or posting, and I see more venom now than EVER before.

Well, I guess it depends on how you see it.

I think that we're just getting more and more desperate.

Things change, that's the course of life - but I see this as nothing but a continued cycle that's been going on for years.

People always predict the end of Guns N' Roses and/or its fanbase until they suddenly pop up out of nowhere while giving people high hopes about good things coming ahead.

Then plans go bust, people get frustrated and angry about the situation, some pray for a reunion and hates down on the current people in the band, most notably the lead singer, certain individuals scream for Slash or Buckethead while some defend the situation and the people it involves and at the same time not forgetting to preach about the almighty power that is Axl Rose...

Eventually things will calm down and someday the record starts all over yet again.

If anything will ever change, it'll be for the better.

And that's what I always have been, and always will be, hoping for. Especially for a certain human's sake.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

In reply to the above, the difference now is that we have the album that he's dangled in front of us all that time. So things are different now.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Well, I guess it depends on how you see it.

I think that we're just getting more and more desperate.

Things change, that's the course of life - but I see this as nothing but a continued cycle that's been going on for years.

People always predict the end of Guns N' Roses and/or its fanbase until they suddenly pop up out of nowhere while giving people high hopes about good things coming ahead.

Then plans go bust, people get frustrated and angry about the situation, some pray for a reunion and hates down on the current people in the band, most notably the lead singer, certain individuals scream for Slash or Buckethead while some defend the situation and the people it involves and at the same time not forgetting to preach about the almighty power that is Axl Rose...

Eventually things will calm down and someday the record starts all over yet again.

If anything will ever change, it'll be for the better.

And that's what I always have been, and always will be, hoping for. Especially for a certain human's sake.

I am not predicting the end of GNR's fanbase I am seeing it.  Just stating what's happening.  Like Axlin said.  CD was his last ace and he fucked it up.  When he came on the boards to talk to fans I thought at first that things would change but it hasn't.  Before when we had silent eras fans would take it cause they were still hoping for the big prize.  Now they have that prize.  So really why should the fans take this bullshit again?  What reason do fans have?  Don't tell me more music.  He played that card.  Tours?  Played that card to death too.  Seriously why are people surprised there was no tour.  CD tour was done multiple times already.  And that is why fans are turning on Axl.  Cause basically he has nothing more to offer.

Board footer