You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Christopher Nolan's "Inception"

tejastech08 wrote:

Teaser trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810099246/video/15201197

Not much is known about this film. Warner Brothers and Nolan have been very secretive about it. Nolan wrote the script and so far it has not leaked. The only description so far is that Inception is "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind." It features a hell of a cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, and Ken Watanabe.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have high hopes for it, because Leo DiCaprio's movies are usually decent (okay, maybe not Critters 3).

But Nolan... umm... outside of the Batman franchise, his movies suck to be honest.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But Nolan... umm... outside of the Batman franchise, his movies suck to be honest.

You must be living on a different planet. 16

Prestige and Memento are both better than BB and TDK.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I agree. Memento is one of my all-time favorites and Prestige is widely respected as a great movie (8.4 on imdb) even if it isn't one I'd watch many times. And even though I don't love it, the story is amazing (as is Memento's and both Batman films) and he co-wrote all those, and I believe he is the writer for Inception as well.

I'll probably see this if it gets a couple good reviews.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Communist, you are correct. Nolan co-wrote or wrote all of his movies so far except Insomnia. Three of them he wrote by himself (Following, Memento, and Inception). The Memento screenplay is based on a short story called Memento Mori by Chris' brother Jonah, so Jonah certainly deserves props for coming up with the idea although he did not write the script itself. He did co-write TDK with Chris though.

The thing that's great about Nolan is that his films always focus on a different aspect of the human condition.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Communist, you are correct. Nolan co-wrote or wrote all of his movies so far except Insomnia. Three of them he wrote by himself (Following, Memento, and Inception). The Memento screenplay is based on a short story called Memento Mori by Chris' brother Jonah, so Jonah certainly deserves props for coming up with the idea although he did not write the script itself. He did co-write TDK with Chris though.

The thing that's great about Nolan is that his films always focus on a different aspect of the human condition.

YOu just said the human condition. You know what that means right?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

YOu just said the human condition. You know what that means right?

Yes.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Following is a great film and has sort of an indie feel to it.  It's in black and white which adds to the charm.  It was his first film and you can see the genesis of his other films.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Following is a great film and has sort of an indie feel to it.  It's in black and white which adds to the charm.  It was his first film and you can see the genesis of his other films.

Have you ever seen his short film Doodlebug? Pretty interesting. It has that trademark gritty feel that can be found in all of Nolan's films. When you watch a Nolan film, no matter how low the budget is, you know you're going to be watching a film with plenty of atmosphere.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17wxm … shortfilms

Board footer