You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

BLS-Pride wrote:

Youtube vids of all the songs on this page..

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=83652

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Metallica's setlist from their second acoustic set at the Bridge School Benefit, Sunday October 28, 2007:

I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth)
Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth)
Veteran Of Psychic Wars (Blue Oyster Cult)
Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits)
Disposable Heroes
All Within My Hands
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

Two different songs to the first night.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I love Nazareth's "Please Dont Judas Me" (Actually I love the whole "Hair of the Dog" album). I would love to hear Metallica's verson.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I would kill to hear Please Don't Judas Me. I seriously cant imagine Hetfield singing that. Would love to know how it turned out.

Well you can download the offical soundboard of the Metallica site for $1.99 I think.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

According to 1UP.com, Paul DeGooyer, MTV's senior vice president of home entertainment, has told the Rocky Mountain News that MTV and Harmonix plan to debut new music exclusively on the Rock Band video game '” and one of the first could be a doozy. "There are a couple of things we've committed to, one of them with METALLICA for example," DeGooyer said. "They've reserved the right to give us their first single from their new album for the game."

DeGooyer also said that while a Rock Band-themed show on MTV isn't currently in the works, it's not something that hasn't been considered. "The risk is that a show would be put together that's not very good," DeGooyer said. "We need the right concept, one that looks at how gamers engage with the game. There really isn't this impetus to put the wrong show up. The game speaks for itself."

http://www.1up.com/

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85687

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

According to RollingStone.com, the 1991 multi-platinum LP "The Black Album" was the last METALLICA disc recorded outside their cozy confines in the Bay Area. With that in mind, producer Rick Rubin encouraged the guys to lay down new tracks in L.A. "Rick thought it'd be beneficial for the gang to get out of the comfort zone of our back yards," drummer Lars Ulrich tells RollingStone.com. "We've been tripping up and down to L.A. since April, and the results have been better than good." As of Thanksgiving, the only hurdles left are overdubs and James Hetfield's vocals. "That's it," says Ulrich. "We're very alive and well."

In the latest issue of the METALLICA Club (the group's official fan club) members-only magazine "So What!" METALLICA's James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Lars Ulrich offer more insight into the songwriting process for the group's forthcoming album. "We don't want pretty good, we want excellent and [producer] Rick Rubin is getting us to try and achieve that," Hetfield is quoted as saying. "He's [Rick] very good at getting the essence of an artist out and bringing that back to the top again. It's the 'Master of Puppets' mentality again. You need to prove the world that you're good, you need to be hungry again '” you need to [put on] a showcase that says, 'Here we are, just like the first time we did it.'"

Added Hammett: "It's about doing the best that you possibly can. I have difficulty wading through all the ideas because I'm biased '” I think everything we do has a lot of merit to it. In that regard Rick Rubin is great because he will just say, 'Such and such a part is not good, so come up with something else.' He just leaves the problem up to us and we just solve it between ourselves without too much interference from his side, which is completely different from [longtime METALLICA producer] Bob Rock whose musical thinking would permeate the record. Rick Rubin leaves a lot of the musical problem solving to ourselves, which keeps it more pure."

Lars commented: "A lot of the work we did after the band nearly broke up [during the making of 2003's 'St. Anger'] was not going to be so evident on the record we made at the time, but more evident on the next record, which is the one weré making now. This has been a much more enjoyable experience, much more fun, creatively stimulating and working with Rick is helping a lot."

Ulrich told Examiner.com in October that the band's upcoming album will be "heavier" yet more "melodic" than "St. Anger". Ulrich explained, "Whereas 'St. Anger' was an exercise in over-pummeling the listener, these new songs echo some of our stuff from the '80s '” long, epic journeys through different musical landscapes, heavier, but a lot more melodic." When asked whether the new songs will be shorter, in the four-to-five minute range, Ulrich said, "Well, the most of the intros are four to five minutes. I don't know '” METALLICA and short songs just don't go that well together."

The new METALLICA album is tentatively due in the spring.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=86496

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Hell yeah, sounds awesome. Thanks for posting that article.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sounds like they're going to do another Justice album like alot of hardcores have wanted for twenty years. This album is going to stomp ass.

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

I surely hope so.

Board footer