You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Oasis Breakup

Neemo wrote:

yes, there is a god smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yes, there is a god smile

Haha. Never cared for them. Never got the hype either.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

again?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Liam Gallagher Confirms the End of Oasis

BE interactive
Liam Gallagher's split from Oasis is officially final.

Gallagher confirmed that the group has disbanded following the sudden departure of his brother, Noel, last August.  Noel quit the band after a bitter dispute with his brother.

The frequent quarrels were often forgotten, and Oasis continued for nearly 20 years, but this time, it seems that things are different.  Liam even felt the need to confirm the news to the world.

"Oasis are no longer. I think we all know that. So that’s done. Without a doubt. And it’s a shame, but that’s life. The thing about Oasis is, no one ended it for us, we ended Oasis. Which was kind of cool. I’m thinking of what my next step is musically, which is all my mind’s on," said Gallagher.

Guitarist Gem Archer, bass player Andy Bell and drummer Chris Sharrock plan to stay with Liam, and hope to continue making music.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Don't look back in anger.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It took a little while, but finally justice has been served.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It took a little while, but finally justice has been served.

Yadda yadda yadda. Consider yourself too "Metal" to listen to basic Rock N Roll?

I saw a guy on these forums describe the basic transition of musical taste as goin from Liking Pop - liking Rock and finishing at METAL 9 ... WRONG. To each his own. Different for everyone.

I like to listen to a little bit of GNR then some Leonard Cohen followed By Oasis then Tom Waits. Its just what ever hits ya

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love basic rock...

Oasis is just the most overrated tripe ever.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Funny, looked this up over the weekend. This was kinda the first time I'd really seen Oasis. Knew a video or two before, wasn't sure they'd be more than a band you see once on 120 Minutes or Alternative Nation.  Anyway, I kept hearing it was 'two brothers' in the band, but when I watched this, I was like no its one brother. The other guy just sits around. Then I heard later Noel was 'sick'. 

Anyway, still a great performance, holds up really well imho. (Liam does both admirably well)

Board footer