You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: favorite axl moment ( the gnrevolution version )

rose22 wrote:

i am very loyal and appreciative of this site however i do skip around a little from time to time and found this topic an another forum.  nearly everyone there had a rant as their favorite moment which really just proves their overall mentality and ignorance. lot of those axl rants and especially the leeds bitching he did and the st. louis incident weren't at all highlights but rather stupid or embarassing. anyways my favorite axl moment was when he came out in the black kilt and mean machine jersey and sang bohemian rhapsody on network television for the freddy mercury tribut concert. it seemed it was his peak and it was very exciting. not alot going on these days and i was very interested in seeing our version of this topic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Most of his rants were kind of like... umm, okay... but there was one I really connected with.

My favorite Axl moment will always be Chicago '92, when he called out his family, and then busted into Live and Let Die.

Classic 9

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

was at the show and some of those rants were a bit humorous although very looooong.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
rose22 wrote:

was at the show and some of those rants were a bit humorous although very looooong.

Cool that you were there. Really cool in fact. smile

Yeah, I think that Rolling Stone article one was the longest one he ever did, ever. I think it was like 5 minutes long. And then of course that same show, he also went after grunge and GNR's fading popularity, and I think there was one more towards a magazine before November Rain.

Sky Dog wrote:

Gnr weren't fading in popularity in 91-92-93. They were selling boatloads oof albums and selling tons of concert tickets. It may not have been as cool to like GNR but Gnr's popularity was through the roof on a worldwide scale.

My favorite Axl moment and Gnr moment was Farm Aid.....closely followed by rose 22's Bohemian Rhapsody moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnwWXDMVbbs
too fucking good...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

paris '92 PPV (see below +/- 0:09 mark) 16

the acoustic set @ CBGB's

ritz '88

MTV Awards '93? (November Rain w/ Elton John)

Mercury Tribute We Will Rock You

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

my favorite axl moment is on the tokyo 92 tapes/dvd's

it's the intro to sweet child of mine where he comes out alone and sings "sail away sweet sister/bad time" and the end of the song where he's standing up on his lyrics monitor and shouts "chiiiilllldddd" over and over.

i had 3 songs from the show on a very old tape (i was just a kid in 92) and i used to watch that song over and over. it was part of the reason i became a fan in the first place.

i remember when i first got on the internets and i started searching for that clip of sweet child and i didn't know what show it was or where to start looking for it and i finally found a very very poor quality of the song, 7-8Mb or something, it was basically just colored squares, but i didn't care, i had finally found the clip.

so, yeah, i think that's my favorite axl moment.

i enjoy the rants, as stupid as they might be, and it's what makes axl the person he is, i like to watch them now and again, they always make me smile smile

karma to you rose22 for reminding me why i'm on a gnr board. sometimes i tend to forget with all this silence

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

paris '92 PPV (see below +/- 0:09 mark) 16

that one is priceless 14

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Gnr weren't fading in popularity in 91-92-93. They were selling boatloads oof albums and selling tons of concert tickets. It may not have been as cool to like GNR but Gnr's popularity was through the roof on a worldwide scale.

I tend to agree with you, but Axl saw them as 'under attack'. Remember '92, was when that big war of words was going on between Axl & Kurt in the press, and it wasn't hip in the grunge crowd to like bands like GN'R.

Soundgarden supposedly took a heavy load of shit from their peers for opening for GN'R on some of the UYI tour.

I remember there was some Nirvana show, and a guy was there with a GN'R shirt on, and digging Nirvana, and Kurt called him out. Basically the fan was like, I love you both, why can't we all be friends, or something like that. Kurt basically told the guy, "one or the other".

How fucking lame is that? A frontman telling his own audience what they should and shouldn't like. I enjoy Nirvana, but Kurt was a fucking douche bag in every sense of the word.

Board footer