You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Help: Video Editing

Axlin16 wrote:

Okay, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had experience with this.

I have an AVI-video file. It's a movie. I would like to be able to edit the audio portion over the end credits. Basically put another song on it.

Just off of the top of my head.

I figured i'd need something that could rip the audio off of it. Then i'd edit in the music I wanted at the end, and place the whole audio track back over the video.

Does anyone know how to do this? Can it be done?

Thx in advance

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Dude don't fuck with Big Daddy's version of SCOM there's enough bastardising going on there already wink

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

thats pretty easy.  a combo of avidemux and audacity.  save audio with avidemux, load up in audacity, import external audio track, copy the whole selection of the external audio to clipboard, and paste into the timeframe of the original audio.   might have to "silence" the selected timeframe of the original.  then select audio/main track in avidemux and save it.. easy

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Actually just open Movie maker go to the end and you can cut the end bit of your movie into a seperate chunk mute the audio for that and put your new audio over it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool i was seriously gonna sk you guys whats the best program to use to cut a peice of an AVI

i'm making dvd's and i wants to trim the opening animation out as the front header on the DVD's smile *karma* all around

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thank you all for your help.

mickronson wrote:

thats pretty easy.  a combo of avidemux and audacity.  save audio with avidemux, load up in audacity, import external audio track, copy the whole selection of the external audio to clipboard, and paste into the timeframe of the original audio.   might have to "silence" the selected timeframe of the original.  then select audio/main track in avidemux and save it.. easy

Here's the problem, and I ran into this months ago, and kind of abandoned it because I got busy.

Anytime I try to upload the audio track to Audacity, it never happens. It just goes into 'Loading', the timeframe for upload gets longer and longer, goes from minutes to hours to days to weeks, etc, and just times out.

Am I doing something wrong? The audio file is the full audio of the film at 1 hour, 36 minutes.

monkeychow wrote:

Dude don't fuck with Big Daddy's version of SCOM there's enough bastardising going on there already wink

No, actually i'm tweaking Halloween 6: The Producer's Cut. I downloaded way way back (maybe a year), this 'highest quality' version, at least what's out there. The actual master is silent over the end credits, but along the line an alternate, unreleased version of the Halloween main theme from the original version of H6, really awesome, was put over the end credits. This new version I downloaded, removed it, and put the "Michael Kills Judith" music from Halloween '78 on it. I'm trying to remove that, and restore that H6-alternate theme back on there.

Board footer