You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: How far for GNR?

PaSnow wrote:

I wouldn't travel at all to see them. Not even sure I'd go if they came to my city tbh.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I certainly understand your feelings on the issue though. None of this turned out like it had been advertised for years, and the first casualties in the aftermath will be fans in that 16-21 age range who jumped on board during the silent years.

Definitely agree there with you James. I fall into that age bracket you mention and in the "fallout" from the CD aftermath after the clusterfuck it turned out to be I lost interest and stopped visiting the forums and for a while completely went off the band and couldn't be bothered to listening to songs by either lineup. I only got back into GNR again over the past 3-4 months but I definitely understand the feeling of anyone not wanting to see them. I have still yet to see any incarnation of GNR so if there's a show that is within my financial means and can go to I will.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

It's hard for me to be excited about the Frank, Dizzy, Ashba and Bumblefoot line-up.

This certainly wasn't what I had in mind when I signed up as a supporter of the Chinese Democracy era.

That being said, I'd still probably drive as far as New York City (160 miles) if they tour, since it will probably be my last chance to see Axl live.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

I think a CD heavy set list will leave most people a bit underwhelmed.

They play what,  20 songs or above at a show?

last time out i think it was regularily around 18-21 tunes

If they were willing to play up to 24 songs you can construct a setlist that I reckon would please both casual and diehard fans

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Better
3. Sweet Child O' Mine
4. Don't Cry/Double Talkin Jive/Perfect Crime/Pretty Tied Up
5. Patience
6. You Could Be Mine
7. November Rain
8. I.R.S
9. Scraped/Riad N The Bedouins
10. Its So Easy
11. Nightrain
12. Shacklers Revenge/Catcher In The Rye
13. If The World
14. Knockin On Heavens Door
15. Street of Dreams
16. Mr Brownstone
17. Sorry
18. Madagascar/This I Love
19. Welcome To The Jungle
20. Out Ta Get Me/Estranged
21. Prostitute

Encore

22. Rocket Queen
23. There Was A Time
24. Paradise City

The "the pipe dream GNR decide to play for almost four hours" setlist is 36 songs long though 9

EDIT: Added a slight alteration.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That setlist would certainly suit my fancy.  I'm quite interested to see what DJ can do with the band.  I know he's a 3rd stringer at this point, but the man can play so I'm willing to give him a shot.  I didn't get interested in Guns N' Roses for Robin Finck and Buckethead anyway.  I enjoyed what they brought to the table during their run with the band, but their losses don't divert my attention.  The one constant and necessity is obviously Axl.  As long as he's there, my interest remains high.  I haven't HEARD anything to make me feel otherwise yet, so until that time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't travel more than 50 miles, which means I will never see them again.  Somehow I don't feel like I'm missing anything either...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Great time to be in Chicago russtcb.

I'd travel no more than 20 miles, which would get me to downtown Chicago and a show.

The real question is, how much would I pay? No more than I pay for Buckethead shows, which is $25.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

You are all of full of shit.

You post regularly on a GnR board, I have a lot of trouble believing that people wouldn't pay more than $25 to see a new lineup of GnR playing songs they've never played before.

As for me, I'd probably travel 500-600 miles, and pay $200.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Wouldnt travel abroad, will just wait for them to swing by the UK again. I've always travelled to the London gigs which are 360 miles from where I am in Scotland. Have a fuckin blast everytime too, make it a week-long holiday usually 16

Board footer