You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Metallica confirm they are working on ‘Big Four’ tour

Kerry King told us that a ‘big four’ tour was a possibility for next summer, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine recently spoke out about the rumours on the tour and now Robert Trujillo has confirmed in a chat with Metromix that Metallica are trying to figure out a tour involving themselves, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax!

Metromix: There’s a rumor going around now about the four classic thrash bands (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) touring together. How would you feel about being part of that?

Trujillo:
“I think it’s great. We’ve had a few different conversations on the subject. I’m friends with Kerry King and had dinner with him a few months back, and it came up there. I think Dave Mustaine is amazing. I’ve never had a problem with him personally. I think it’d be great if Metallica shared the stage with his band. Metallica’s still great friends with Scott Ian. There’s a lot of history there. I think it’d be great for metal. I don’t think all four bands have played together at the same time.”

Metromix: So there’s truth to the rumor?

Trujillo: “There is, but nothing’s concrete. It’s not a sealed deal. We’re working on it.”

Metromix: How would egos come into play in terms of the order of bands on the bill?

Trujillo: “Oh, there’d be a lot of egos. I think we’d be OK. It’d be an issue with the other three bands.”

Metromix: How so? Would Dave Mustaine have an issue opening for Metallica?

Trujillo:
“I don’t think that would be an issue. I think it would be more an issue between Megadeth and Slayer.”

Metromix:
What’s the story there?

Trujillo:
“I don’t know if it would depend on the city, but I’m sure between those two bands, they would want to be up on the bill. I don’t know. Who knows? My prediction is that maybe there would be something there. The only way we would do it is if we’re headlining, and we would probably be the ones to put it together. I’m not saying that in a disrespectful way. All of these bands are amazing and super-cool.”

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metal … four-tour/

Shocked.gif

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He sums up in one answer why this will never occur, and he does it unintentionally without a shred of irony....

Trujillo: “Oh, there’d be a lot of egos. I think we’d be OK. It’d be an issue with the other three bands.”

Fuck off and know your role. This would be the equivalent of Richard Fortus commenting on a GNR, U2, Aerosmith, and Tesla tour. Superglue your mouth shut.

Bring back Jason Newsted please....

Oh, and this tour is 20 years too late.

It actually already semi-happened back in 1993...

And what's your problem with Robert? This isn't Guns N' Roses you know.

He "announces", if you wish, things that Metallica are doing all the time because he's an actual member of the band.

It's not like he's a hired bullshitter.

James

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

It actually already semi-happened back in 1993...

How does something "semi-happen"?

And what's your problem with Robert? This isn't Guns N' Roses you know.

He has NOTHING to do with the history between these bands.

James Lofton wrote:

Metallica and Megadeth played together at the Milton Keynes Bowl back in June of 1993.

And I believe that there were plans about having Metallica tagging along at the "Clash of the Titans" tour back in 1990 as well together with Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Testament among others.

However it did not happen.

James

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Metallica and Megadeth played together at the Milton Keynes Bowl back in June of 1993.

And I believe that there were plans about having Metallica tagging along at the "Clash of the Titans" tour back in 1990 as well together with Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Testament among others.

However it did not happen.

I went to that tour, and I don't remember anything like that. Metallica weren't even touring at the time.

It would have been a killer show though. All four bands in their prime.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't go see this... lol mostly because of Metallica. How about just Slayer/Megadeth? big_smile

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I wouldn't go see this... lol mostly because of Metallica. How about just Slayer/Megadeth? big_smile

I dissagree.  All three times I went to see Metallica they were awesome.  I'd go JUST for them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Dude...come to Australia....Slayer+Megadeth is happening here in like 3 weeks:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Slayer-t … ist/736135

Interestingly according to the site Megadeth are opening for Slayer for this show, but it could be an issue if they also played with metallica I think, and being 3rd is just not being second!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

the metallica that deserved to tour with slayer anthrax and slayer died in 1991....

Board footer