You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Axlin16 wrote:

That might create interest. Can't have that.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Someone should reply to Del James -

"GNR fans really don't appreciate it when someone we don't care about hits them up to go to a non-GNR book signing by spamming it on a GNR web portal. No class."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I hate drama. It's right up there with Taylor Swift getting pushed aside while receiving an award.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

I hate drama. It's right up there with Taylor Swift getting pushed aside while receiving an award.

^ That. And nothing more... 22

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This interview is 7 years old now, but I find it interesting nonetheless.  Maybe I'm giving it too much credit, but lots of the things Axl says here put things into perspective and kind of point out that we really shouldn't have been too surprised that things have turned out the way they have. 

At the 2:30 minute mark, Axl explains his reasons for shying away from the spotlight.  At the 4 minute mark he explains the trials and tribulations of forming a new band in the fashion that they did.

[youtube]xCEghS7n6Mc&feature=related[/url]
[/youtube]
The 0:45 mark, Axl talks about the state of the record industry (in 2002), which has only gotten worse since then.  The 2 minute mark speaks of the "original plan".  3 minutes+ talks about Izzy wanting to play smaller venues, and the other guys, namely Slash, having to get extemely loaded to play (and play well) larger venues.

Of course 2 weeks after this interview the plug was pulled on the tour, so take it for what it is.  I just think some of what he said back then still rings true today.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

You know what would be outragious is if a someone like Jerry Lewis started an annual telethon to raise money for new rock groups to be able to perform theaters for free. After a period of ten years it would recreate the rock & roll business for all rock groups who are fed up with the music business.  lol  5

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I love how up above Axl himself talks 3 albums (2002), yet later on (now) basically acts like it was never said.

The dude has no credibility anymore.

Although it is interesting reviving that interview, how he basically calls out the industry for their non-support, and continued in 2008/09. How older acts don't really get backed anymore.

It's kind of hard to believe. I think what Axl's not seeing is industry support for fake GN'R. Metallica gets support, U2 gets support (although their last output was strangley under the radar), Crue gets support, Van Halen gets support, I could go on...

GN'R would get major support... with the 'correct' one. I know people get all pissy about the reunion thing, but i'm just saying it'd be a different story with the old lineup. It's not a GN'R thing, it's an Axl-solo as GN'R thing. It's like the Rolling Stones trying to become NIN. It just doesn't work.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Older acts do still get support, but they're not pushed nearly as much as the "pop" acts of the day.  Probably because those acts NEED to be pushed more.  The established acts pretty much sell themselves to an extent.  The music industry is always concerned with the next big thing and put their time and effort into that.

I don't think Axl has denied that there's 3 albums worth of material, it's been established there ARE more songs in the vault.  He said he thought of CD as a double album so he's still at least sticking to 2 albums.  Just because we don't have them yet doesn't mean they don't exist, or that he's backtracking.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yes it does. When asked about the 3 albums thing, or whatever Baz said, Axl came up with "I don't where they got that from" or whatever he said.

Like we've all been saying... all of this 'multiple' albums shit came from Axl himself. He backtracked in both the chats & Billboard thingy.

Not to mention he was the one talking like 80 fuckin' trx as far back as 1999 with Loder.

Board footer