You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

monkeychow wrote:

I still havn't heard this, album of the year is a big claim though, as Megadeth's endgame is pretty awesome.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You freakin' metalheads... 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I have to see what else I've heard from 09 before I judge. It'd be a little sad if this was the best of the year but there haven't been many good records. Only one Mike Patton release, the Crank soundtrack, usually something he does gets top consideration to me but not this year.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Mastodon had an amazing album with Crack the Sky..

Can't stop listening too Last of my Kind and Black Gives Way too Blue..

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I have to see what else I've heard from 09 before I judge. It'd be a little sad if this was the best of the year but there haven't been many good records. Only one Mike Patton release, the Crank soundtrack, usually something he does gets top consideration to me but not this year.

mike patton release.....
peeping tom?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So does anyone else hear the similarities between Private Hell and Down In A Hole, or is it just me?

Starting to really dig All Secrets Known, pretty fucking epic opener.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for RS giving this 2-1/2 stars...

Where is the rolling stone review, is it online?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Fuck, I'm absolutely loving the track Black Gives Way To Blue, but it's too short. Just when I'm getting into it, it finishes. It needs a killer Jerry solo in there or something. Elton John's piano really adds to the song as well. A great tribute to Layne.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

tylerdurden wrote:
Communist China wrote:

mike patton release.....
peeping tom?

I didn't like Peeping Tom... but Tomahawk's Anonymous, and the A Perfect Place soundtrack place high on my lists for 07 and 08. Although Bar McKinnon's Umlaut album from 09 might be one of my favorites from this year, and Mike was on one of those tracks.

Back to AIC: Private Hell is a lot like DIAH, good call on that. This album grows a little with each listen. Don't think it'll ever grow to a record I absolutely love but I am still digging it a lot.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

From the beginning I have felt an AIC album without Layne would be pretty much worthless.

I've only heard two tracks so far but from those tracks I am really looking forward to this album.

It will NEVER be the same without Layne but damned if it doesn't sound good.  MUCH better than I expected and easily on the upper tier of rock songs I've heard over the past decade.

Board footer