You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

Mikkamakka wrote:

You tried to be sarcastic, but unfortunately this band is a clusterfuck, so your post is absolutely correct.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Nah.

You just walked straight into the trap. The band's in shambles, yes, but the reviewers opinion on CD is hardly affected by anything that happens in front or behind the scenes of Axl's charade. Music's music. It's what you hear that forms the basis of your opinion. Otherwise, you're not being very objective - in that case, being positive means you've been "bought" by Azoff.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I dont know why it mentions the india shows....I .

once again, GNR message board post's turn into RS articles.  What a group of ass hats.  RS and GNR

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:
axlgod wrote:

doesn't azoff 'pull strings' at rolling stone?
if he does, doesn't look good does it.

no, see here is how it works, if it is a negative article, then it is the truth and even Azoff can't save it. But, if it is a positive review by a critic well known and respected in the industry, then it is a situation where Azoff "bought" the review and somehow controls Rolling Stone. 19

Ok I am done laughing so I can respond.  The reviews that were actually positive concerning CD personally I thought it was cool to have those.  While ME I did not think CD was an awesome album, I did not think it was horrible neither.  And those who think it is awesome.  Good for them.  They are entitled to their opinion.  Those who thought it was horrible, well sucks for them but they too are entitled to your opinion.  Some may not like that they are entitled to it but comes with the territory.  As for positive reviews concerning GNR concerning anything else other than CD are so rare that I will please ask for a specific example please as I do not recall any.  And BTW while most people bashed Axl and GNR for suing Dr. Pepper I actually praised em.  But since then madagas NOTHING has been positive as far as GNR goes.  So if you want people to praise em the least Axl could do is give us something to praise.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The online chats Axl did were positive I'd say.  And lots of people enjoyed the album being made available for download on Rock Band.  Those are 2 positives, which is more than zero.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

The online chats Axl did were positive I'd say.  And lots of people enjoyed the album being made available for download on Rock Band.  Those are 2 positives, which is more than zero.

The Axl chats were poitive I will give it to you.  The album made available for download ok.  Another I'll give.  But since it's been released the band has been a mess.  Other than the chats nothing positive came.  And this article pretty much points it out.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Also please note.  Your reaction faldor is much like a battered wife syndrom.  Why is it fun to be a (insert any band name here) fan?  And let's admit that being a GNR fan well.....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Also please note.  Your reaction faldor is much like a battered wife syndrom.  Why is it fun to be a (insert any band name here) fan?  And let's admit that being a GNR fan well.....

My reaction was simply to prove that more than ZERO positive things happened since the album was released.  Nothing more, nothing less.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just thought it was poor journalism to go on about the india shows. If even we discredited those shows then RS should be able to.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I think those journalists are better off spending their time covering bands that are actually making an effort at promoting themselves than trolling the depths of internet fan boards.

Board footer