You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

v7b09g.jpg

On September 29th, legendary rock band Alice in Chains will release their highly-anticipated new album, Black Gives Way To Blue.  In early 2008, following tours that saw them playing to packed-house crowds around the world, Jerry Cantrell, Sean Kinney, Mike Inez and William DuVall entered Dave Grohl's 606 Studios to begin work on what would become one of the most anticipated albums of 2009.

In this radio special, the reformed Alice in Chains shares their new material with the world for the first time while offering a behind the scenes look at the evolution of the band and the making of their brand new album.

Hosted by Metallica's James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

http://www.htzfm.com/node/997601

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I cant believe it leaked 2 weeks ago and I missed it.. Got it now and its sounding very good, yes very classic AIC.

I don't want to hijack the thread but...

I've never really been into Alice In Chains even though I have seen them live once when they opened for Metallica back in 2006. However, this thread got me interested in the individual that is Layne Staley and I just looked at some of the details concerning his life post-AIC and his death back in 2002.

6'1 and 86 pounds?

Jesus friggin' Christ. That shit was hard to get through reading, I'll tell you that.

On topic:

I listened to the new single today and I thought it was really good. I'll definitely buy the album sooner rather than later.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah Layne's story is possibly the best deterrent from drug abuse I've ever come across. Tragic in how long it took him to finally die, which I'm sure he spent years simply waiting for.

Got the iTunes bonus tracks, in case anyone was interested.

Communist China

So right now I'm listening to the acoustic tracks, and I know some people don't like to make comparisons but I do.

When the Sun Rose Again sounds like SAP-style to me, especially like 'Am I Inside', while Your Decision reminds me more of Jar of Flies. Of course there are elements to both that don't fit either but that sounds pretty clear to me. Neither remind me of Over Now or Heaven Beside You that much... I love AIC acoustic (or ripped away).

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Got the iTunes bonus tracks, in case anyone was interested.

same here.. i'm waitin until the weekend to go purchase the physical CD....
i'm gonna write a review this week for my blog... if anyone is interested, i'll post it here too...

CC... i'm totally diggin the piano mix of BGWTB....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Got to write up a review. But so far it is my top album of 2009.

Communist China

Yeah I think the piano mix of BGWTB is better. I may burn a disc of the album with that in there instead.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I picked this up today. Wal-Mart sure as shit didn't make it easy to find. Not only was it not on the new releases rack, they didn't have an AIC section at all, and it was just sitting on a random side rack in the electronics section, and even still... only 4 copies.

Board footer