You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: DJ Ashba

monkeychow wrote:

Daren Jay Ashba

2d7eyb8.jpg

Discography

2gud3pi.jpg Additction to the Friction   -  DJ Ashba (1996) (writer/guitarist)

w9up9e.jpg Beautiful Creatures  - Beautiful Creatures (2001) (co-writer/guitarist)

fuvrb9.jpg The Heroin Diaries - Sixx:A.M. (2007) (co-producer/co-writer/guitarist)

qzfybp.jpg Saints of Los Angeles -  Mötley Crüe (2008) (co-writer/co-producer)

Noteable Apperances

eb7myr.jpg A Cherry Cherry Christmas - Neil Diamond. (co-producer/guitarist)

History

DJ was born on 10 November 1972 in Indiana, U.S.A.

He began paino at age 3, drums at age 5 and guitar at age 8.

After seeing Mötley Crüe peform at age 16 he aspired to become a professional musican and at at age 19 joined the band Barracuda and spent two years touring.

He then recorded his solo album before co-founding the band Beautiful Creatures, the music of which was used in several television and film productions, and toured extensively.

Ashba recorded and toured as guitarist for Mötley Crüe founder Nikki Sixx's side project Sixx AM, and is also a co-writer and co-producer of the Mötley Crüe album Saints of Los Angeles

In addition to his musical interests, DJ owns Ashba Media Inc a graphic design agency.   

Guns N' Roses

Ashba was announced as a member of Guns N' Roses on 21st March 2009 and replaced Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Fink.  In relation to the apointment W. Axl Rose was quoted as saying:

Dj's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board! We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of Dj's presence for quite some time. He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses live. Once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Not impressed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll still be a trade up over Robin.

Roy Clark on lead guitar for GN'R would be a trade up over Robin.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Not impressed.

I'm not impressed with that response.

I'm excited to see what DJ can add to the band.  I like what I've heard from him, though it's a limited sample.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's a couple of videos for those not familiar with his peformances with Sixx AM:

[youtube]31XIX9PjRlQ&feature=related[/youtube]

As these songs are not very guitar based its only a limited sample, but from these videos it looks to me like he'll bring an interesting stage presence and a good sound to the band.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with both the AFD material and the chinese democracy tracks.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Thanks for posting this background info, I look forward to seeing him live with GN'R too.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
russtcb wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Not impressed.

OK and?

There is nothing more to say on the matter. Excuse me posting.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I've seen nothing that impresses or dissappoints me yet and anxiously await to see what he brings to GNR. If it sucks....Oh well. Until he writes and records and album with gnr and gnr relases that album he's just another touring musician any ways.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer