You are not logged in. Please register or login.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

Re: Are we hard-wired to have weekends?

maguire22 wrote:

I'm sitting here Friday night and nothing to do now I just finished a project ahead of time, and it would be MOST unwise to go out & spend money on bevvies and so on, and it just occurred to me, this theory that any of us who;ve done a Mon - Fri job get hardwired for weekends. sad

What I mean is, I find staying in on the dull old routine SO much harder at Fridays & Sats than any other night! 17

You? cool

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Don't know how old you are, but I've noticed it doesn't matter as much as I get older. 

I'm only 32, but I already don't have a huge problem with not going out and doing something just to do something.  I'm gonna sit at home, have a couple beers, listen to some tunes, and go to bed tonight since I don't have any plans.

Five years ago (shit probably less than that) I'd have definitely went out looking for something to do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm going to see Taylor Swift tonight (yeah, I said it)

Russ you're great and all, and i'm gonna let you finish, but Guns N' Roses had one of the greatest shows of ALL TIME in 2006!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lucky me doesnt get a weekend this week...i work both days then start over at work again monday....nothing like goin in 12 days in a row sad

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree with the OP. Many nights i'm happy to chill and relax at home, but it seems sort of a shame on a saturday night.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Don't know how old you are, but I've noticed it doesn't matter as much as I get older. 

I'm only 32, but I already don't have a huge problem with not going out and doing something just to do something.  I'm gonna sit at home, have a couple beers, listen to some tunes, and go to bed tonight since I don't have any plans.

Five years ago (shit probably less than that) I'd have definitely went out looking for something to do.

I'm the same way. Some people on here might think I go out an awful lot, drinking & hitting bars, but I really don't. Anymore it's probably only twice a month. And yes I'm 36, and it was a few years after 30 where I really slowed down on the going out thing.  Part because friends tied down & got married, part because I just got  alittle more tired of it.

Also, I like watching Cops on Saturdays, and now College Football too!

Board footer