You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: First Metallica live DVD since S&M is "in the works"

Axl S wrote:

Well Hammet is still great and James's playing has only improved. Lars sucks, he was at his peak in 88-91. Rob well, you can't hear him so who knows. The only major weak links in Metallica just now are Vocals and Drums. Oh and Hetfield's cheesy frontmanning... Metallica Gladiators *cringe*.

Agree to disagree it is! You know my opinion.

I'm sorry if I come across as a douche.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Fair enough. But you must agree that when he calls the fans Metallica soldiers or gladiators you don't die a little inside. It's like metal grandpa trying to sound cool.

Axl S wrote:

But you must agree that when he calls the fans Metallica soldiers or gladiators you don't die a little inside.

To be honest that's the first time I've actually heard that.

The Metallica "family" on the other hand...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm not a Metallica fan but those clips from France are fucking awesome!  What a  deadly stadium too! Metallica have always impressed me as a live abnd but I don't really enjoy their music.  I think that says alot about their talent. I wish I was ina  band who's drummer was as "shitty" as Lars

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for posting....these clips are making me want to get this dvd even more.

No offence to people here...but I can't understand people posting saying metallica sound bad.  Metallica is a killer live act and always have been. Does james sound like he did at 20? Maybe not..but show me a singer who can tour for 15 years, have had a drinking problem, get old and not have a slightly different voice, he's still dynamic to watch and kicking ass with the band and that's what counts.

I'm glad this new metallica line up seems to have really found itself and things are more healthy with the band. I hope this new dvd has lots of Death Magnetic stuff.....as there's a lot of video of the older songs already...i'd love to see proshot stuff of the new ones!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

wow... pretty decent.
i clicked that shit and went to utube... i watched "one"... holy shit!
hetfield still has it.. but doesn't show it as often as he should...
watch this:

the "sticks in me" part gave me chills

Thank you!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Metallica still kick ass... take from that what you want.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Agree to disagree it is! You know my opinion.

I'm sorry if I come across as a douche.

It's all cool, I still think Metallica kick ass, and I'm sure that's something we can both agree on.

Board footer