You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I hate the Vince vs Axl stuff cos I love both the crue and GNR. GNR gives me deep lyrics and kickass guitar, and the crue gives me the mental version of a damn good time with a sleazzy chick....can't compalin about any of those things....hahah.

Back on this GNR tour thing. I know its nothing new...but I can't understand why the band doesn't just come out and either anounce the tour or say it isn't happening. What's the problem with just saying if a show is happening or not?

I hate it too.  It is quite childish actually.  I hate any Axl VS anybody for that matter.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I hate the Vince vs Axl stuff cos I love both the crue and GNR. GNR gives me deep lyrics and kickass guitar, and the crue gives me the mental version of a damn good time with a sleazzy chick....can't compalin about any of those things....hahah.

Back on this GNR tour thing. I know its nothing new...but I can't understand why the band doesn't just come out and either anounce the tour or say it isn't happening. What's the problem with just saying if a show is happening or not?

I hate it too.  It is quite childish actually.  I hate any Axl VS anybody for that matter.

It is childish...and this was something that was built up from 15 years ago, and of course we all know that nothing ever happened other than some ridiculous verbal bashing through the media.

I highly doubt they would tour together either, as someone mentioned earlier. I think Axl alone out draws the crue...Vince looks ridiculous and some of the songs he sings at his age make him look and sound ridiculous.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It is childish...and this was something that was built up from 15 years ago, and of course we all know that nothing ever happened other than some ridiculous verbal bashing through the media.

I highly doubt they would tour together either, as someone mentioned earlier. I think Axl alone out draws the crue...Vince looks ridiculous and some of the songs he sings at his age make him look and sound ridiculous.

It is childish from the fans I mean.  I'm not even sure how this turned into a Vince Vs Axl thing.  Anytime an artist doesn't like Axl or what Axl does most of the board communities will turn on that said artist.  THAT is childish.  Who cares if Vince doesn't like Axl?  Like someone else said.  Vince killed someone so he ain't that better.  But just because someone slams Axl doesn't mean I have to hate that artist suddenly.  Sometimes I think that some people here are 12.

Something actually worth reading...

Q104 in Halifax is indeed (as previously rumored) making a major announcement about Guns N' Roses at 7:20 AM on Monday morning.

http://www.q104.ca/

710878_concertannouncement_gnr.jpg

Stay tuned. I guess.

And in case anyone wonders it's been confirmed that it's regarding GN'R.

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

It is childish from the fans I mean.  I'm not even sure how this turned into a Vince Vs Axl thing.  Anytime an artist doesn't like Axl or what Axl does most of the board communities will turn on that said artist.  THAT is childish.  Who cares if Vince doesn't like Axl?  Like someone else said.  Vince killed someone so he ain't that better.  But just because someone slams Axl doesn't mean I have to hate that artist suddenly.  Sometimes I think that some people here are 12.

I hope you aren't talking to me. Vince is a piece of shit and has always been a piece of shit...both personally and artistically. It has fuck all to do with Axl. All I did was respond to another poster who quoted Vince in a thread that has nothing to do with Vince. To say he can't hold Axl's jock is not childish. IT IS THE FUCKING TRUTH. I don't give a rat's ass about what happened 18 years ago. Vince sucked as an artist then and he sucks now. 4

You won't hear me say the same things about Cobain or Westerberg or any one else who has criticized Axl. It is just Vince. He is a fuckin cheesedick through and through.

Now back to the news.....:peace:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Something actually worth reading...

Q104 in Halifax is indeed (as previously rumored) making a major announcement about Guns N' Roses at 7:20 AM on Monday morning.

http://www.q104.ca/

http://www.c103.com/thumbnails/710878_c … nt_gnr.jpg

Stay tuned. I guess.

And in case anyone wonders it's been confirmed that it's regarding GN'R.

I have to be at work at 5am Eastern tomorrow. Anyone have any clue what time this announcement is happening in the Eastern time zone?

6:20.

I don't see it on the Q104 website.  It is on the C103 website...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Ok. I don't post....well, ever really. I do come here and read at least weekly, although when this thread went up I've come on pretty much every day. I may be the last holdout on here, the one crazy fan left that believes that there's still something there, even though all signs have pretty much dried up. And that's fine with me. Seeing that countdown clock and the banner has me excited, and tomorrow morning I'm hoping for something good. And IF this is a concert announcement, and an actual show is announced, I can say I will be buying a ticket to go. I may be the only one there, and that's fine by me. I have, and forever will be a huge fan of Axl Rose. He can do a tour singing lullabyes for all I care and I'd go. So there's my .02, for what it's worth. Here's hoping for something amazing.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Ok...while I would love the band to make some sort of formal announcement about anything...we all know that is just not how this group of people operates. Asking the question over and over will not change anything...

Maybebut one can wish so.  Seriously I'd much rather they would announce a tour than hearing from various non official sources that there will be a GNR show near me.

Yeah, well what they're gonna do is, hire a tour manager who's high profile? Someone eveyone knows, and approves of. 22

And s/he'll announce ALL the shows, on the coming world tour, six MONTHS before they're played, and each one will be solid, and sold out, because there is nothing in the world to stop that happening.:cool:

Then what's gonna happen is, the band are all going to personally design some merch, and stick it up on their site, and Tweet and blog about how they feel about each purchase - meaning, you can buy your jock-strap today, and Axl, Ron, and all their girlfriends to boot are gonna praise you for the way you balls hang low and to the left!:mosh:

Then Slash, Steven, Izzy, and Duff are all on board, and when the band goes on stage, they're all going to jump out and say "surprise!" and then jam right in along with the other musicians, at which point bats who lay golden eggs will fly outta your butt, and world peace will be declared because everyone suddenly likes the exact same things as each other, and all will be well, and all will be well - and all manner of things will be well.:D

FFS!:laugh:

Board footer