You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Hair Metal Highlights: Outrageous fortunes of six hair bands (RS)

James wrote:

L.A. GUNS

HIGH Four years after Axl Rose split from the band to form Guns n' Roses, the 1989 power wailer "The Ballad of Jayne" hit Number Thirty-three on the Hot 100.

LOW Their 2005 album, Tales From the Strip, doesn't feature the band's founder Tracii Guns '” or any other member of the original group.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENTOriginal vocalist Paul Black got arrested along with G n' R's Izzy Stradlin for copping heroin, nearly costing both groups their record deals.

CURRENTLY Two L.A. Guns are on the road: one led by original guitarist Guns and the other by singer Phil Lewis.

BANG TANGO

HIGH 1989's funk-infused Psycho Café received widespread acclaim, and "Someone Like You" was an MTV staple, though it never touched the Hot 100.

LOW Singer Joe LeSté joined an AC/DC cover band to supplement his income a few years ago.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENT Girls used to pass out on the bus and wake up in strange cities. What happened to them? "They got Bang Tangoed!" according to LeSté.

CURRENTLY Playing club and bar dates, including a gig at the King King in Hollywood on December 20th '” ten days after the venue holds an ugly-sweater contest.

RATT

HIGH Their 1984 debut single, "Round and Round," reached Number Twelve on the Hot 100, and they were soon packing arenas.

LOW Founding guitarist Robbin Crosby died of a heroin overdose in 2002. The autopsy listed his weight at over 400 pounds.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENT Singer Stephen Pearcy claims to have had sex with a woman who booked shows at an infamous Sunset Strip club in exchange for gigs.

CURRENTLY Earlier this year, Pearcy reunited with the surviving members of the band for their first tour since 1999. They spent the summer playing amphitheaters with Poison.

WARRANT

HIGH Their 1989 power ballad "Heaven" spent two weeks at Number Two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The next year they wrote their signature song, "Cherry Pie."

LOW In 1992, they walked into their label's office and saw their poster had been replaced by one of Alice in Chains.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENT Lead singer Jani Lane's 2006 confession to VH1: "I hate that song. My legacy is 'Cherry Pie.' . . . I could shoot myself in the fucking head for writing that song."

CURRENTLY Lane quit the band in 2004. But it soldiered on without him. He was recently on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club.

BRITNY FOX

HIGH They won Metal Edge's Best New Band award in 1988. The next year their Lolita-laden "Girlschool" video became an MTV favorite.

LOW The band is down to one original member for the '07 tour, bassist Billy Childs.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENT In 1991, while cutting their third album, Bite Down Hard, they did lines of coke off the piano Elton John used on 1974's Caribou.

CURRENTLY In a December 4th MySpace posting, the band claims that it just parted ways with its "out-of-control ex-manager" for "spreading all kinds of bullshit." It is now trying to book dates for a 2008 club tour.

SKID ROW

HIGH Their 1991 album Slave to the Grind become the first metal album to debut at Number One on the Billboard chart.

LOW 2006's Revolutions Per Minute, the group's second album without original lead singer Sebastian Bach, failed to crack the Billboard Top 200.

OUTRAGEOUS MOMENT In 1989, Bach publicly wore a T?shirt that said aids kills fags dead. He would later apologize, saying, "I didn't realize it would offend anybody."

CURRENTLY Bach left the band in 1996. Original members Dave Sabo, Rachel Bolan and Scotti Hill now tour with singer Johnny Solinger.

haha yea Skid Row sucks so bad without Baz

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … ID=7289877

"I'll Remember You Two" is good for a few laughs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I guess RS didn't think much of Angel Down either.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess RS didn't think much of Angel Down either.

Not that it was going to, but if Angel Down had sold well I bet RS would've totally jumped on the bandwagon. But since it didn't, they don't even mention it here. Nice.

I couldn't believe they just said he left in 96 with no mention of his current or even recent activities.  Whether you like it or not, at least acknowledge the album exists.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

RS knew about Bach's new album because he gave them interviews. RS was part of the promotion Bach did for 2 solid months.

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

haha yea Skid Row sucks so bad without Baz

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … ID=7289877

"I'll Remember You Two" is good for a few laughs.

their new singer also tries to act like baz..  its pathetic.   look at this really quick vid
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … id=3736605

i love quoting myself

Board footer