You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Your GNR dream set list

Sky Dog wrote:

theatre show filled with hardcores should get more cd...arena show will have alot of casuals expecting the classics.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

For an arena show, 6 cd songs is fine with me out of a 20 song set. I just hope they don't play Madagascar and SOD anymore.

Yeah, those songs, along with CD & Riad need to be retired. The live performances are just too old, and there's better and more interesting songs just sitting on CD aching to be played live.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

theatre show filled with hardcores should get more cd...arena show will have alot of casuals expecting the classics.

i still think that if they play the biggest hits that it'll be alright...the band needs to make their own identity...what better way than by playing the new material...though there will be the argument that the new stuff may not go over well...well ya gotta play it to find out

here is the list of singles that gnr has had

"It's So Easy"
"Welcome to the Jungle"
"Sweet Child o' Mine"
"Paradise City"
"Patience"
"Nightrain"
"You Could Be Mine"
"Don't Cry"
"Live and Let Die"
"November Rain"
"Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
"Yesterdays"
"Civil War"
"Ain't It Fun"
"Estranged"
"Since I Don't Have You"
"Hair of the Dog"
"Sympathy for the Devil"
"Oh My God"
"Chinese Democracy"
"Better"

based on previous tours, they will most likely play yellow ones...and they've gotta play the red ones..thats 12 tracks.... that leaves 6-10 more songs to fill out the set (again based on previous tours)...I would hope they got CD heavy (meaning 8-9 songs per night) since that is the album they are apparently promoting

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

For an arena show, 6 cd songs is fine with me out of a 20 song set. I just hope they don't play Madagascar and SOD anymore.

Yeah, those songs, along with CD & Riad need to be retired. The live performances are just too old, and there's better and more interesting songs just sitting on CD aching to be played live.

Disagree about Riad.  They played that a handful of times, hardly a staple from past tours.  Musically, it could be the bands best piece.  I'd be interested in hearing it again.  And if they're touring CD, I'd think they'd play the song, Chinese Democracy.  Maybe not at EVERY show, but I don't think now is the time to retire it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I wonder if Riad will be shelved because of the lawsuit...

Board footer