You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Sky Dog wrote:

this show is quite impressive, pure quality.....gotta love the show starting with Space Oddity.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

this show is quite impressive, pure quality.....gotta love the show starting with Space Oddity.

The youtube stream was awesome. Also I've never seen a youtube clip that's this long. The only problem with the footage is it's quite dark. No way possible for cameras to do the stage production justice. In person it's truely unreal.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9354

U2 To Play The Wall
by Music-News.com - October 29 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

U2 will play a free show on the site of the Berlin Wall.

U2 will play in front of Berlin’s iconic Brandenburg Gate as part of the MTV European Music Awards (EMAs) on November 5, as a prelude to the city’s 'Fall of the Wall’ celebrations.

The group's manager, Paul McGuinness, said: "It'll be an exciting spot to be in, 20 years almost to the day since the wall came down."

A source added to Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper: "They're expecting tens of thousands of people to turn up.

"They've played some interesting places in the past but this'll certainly be the most ambitious - and most poignant - one to date."

Parts of the set will be beamed live into the EMAs which take place in the city on the same day.

Brandenburg Gate is one of the most recognisable symbols of Berlin, and was built as one of the main gates into the city when it was part of Prussia, and was completed in 1791.

Erected in 1961, the Berlin Wall divided the city and country and became a symbol of the separation between the Soviet controlled German Democratic Republic and Allied Western Germany.

The wall was eventually torn down in November 1989.

Fans who want to watch U2 perform the historic concert can apply for tickets from U2.com or their local MTV website.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I just bought my tickets on Tuesday for the Edmonton show on June 23rd 2010 and 5 minutes ago I bought my tickets for the show in Athens, Greece on September 3rd 2010.
9:mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

NICE BONO! I'm sure greece will be amazing!

PGER83
 Rep: 5 

PGER83 wrote:

The show last night was great it worked very well indoors I thought, but I have to say that stage would be great for some old POP songs like MOFO or DISCO ya know.
the light show would be perfect for songs like that, I hope they add some of those for next summer.
still gets five stars from me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9361

by Paul Cashmere - October 30 2009
photo by Tim Cashmere

Google claims the U2 Live from Pasadena show earlier this week, streamed live on YouTube, attracted close to 10 million viewers.

The figure is based on people who came in watched a bit and left, not the number of people who watched from start to finish.

However the figure in the actually U2 YouTube site is currently displaying 8,624,609 views as of Friday October 29, somewhat short of the 10 million claim by more than 1 million.

97,000 people witnessed the show live from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on Sunday night. Online, viewers came from 188 countries.

YouTube claims to streaming over one billion on-demand videos a day now but the live stream of the U2 show was something new the Google owned company is trailing.

Bono

Bono wrote:
PGER83 wrote:

The show last night was great it worked very well indoors I thought, but I have to say that stage would be great for some old POP songs like MOFO or DISCO ya know.
the light show would be perfect for songs like that, I hope they add some of those for next summer.
still gets five stars from me.

Absolutely agree!! Discotheque or Mofo woudl've been a pefect follow up to I'll Go Crazy. I'd been thinking that all tour and just don't get why they didn't see it. Maybe they did and just didn't care. And yes the show worked great in BC Place. Black Eyed Peas had the crowd going pretty good too which to be honest I was suprised by. Overall fantastic show. Can't wait for Edmonton now on June 23rd. So far away sad  16

Bono

Bono wrote:

Hopefully you got your ticket(s) James cause the Oakland show sold out today when they went onsale.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! 4:flame: Didn't have the money, so I was gonna have to wait. Looks like I'll be forced into being raped by scalpers near showtime. I'm not missing that show though.

This band could do a show on Jupiter and it'd sell out in five seconds. They're that huge right now.

Board footer