You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Jessica Simpson's career in trouble

James wrote:

Jessica Simpson's acting career doesn't seem long for this world. For starters, despite months of denials from the Simpson camp, Simpson's most recent film 'Blonde Ambition' is going straight to DVD. Her next film, ironically titled 'Major Movie Star,' could very well be headed toward the same straight-to-video fate according to some insiders.

''˜Major Movie Star' isn't financed by a big studio, it's financed by [Papa Joe Productions], her father's production company. He doesn't have the kind of pull with Hollywood he needs save this film,' said one source, who hinted that Jessica's daddy even tried to get 'Major Movie Star' into the Sundance Film Festival. 'Even Joe has realized it's not worth funneling all this money into her acting projects. He decided when it comes to movies, he's not going to spend another penny.'

Jessica's rep insists that the film will not go straight to DVD, but will be 'opening in multiple theatres in Dallas,' and that Millenium Films, which is also involved in 'Major Movie Star,' never releases their films wide.

That said, there are still signs of spending cuts at Papa Joe Productions. Among the first luxuries to go: photo shoots. 'One of Jessica's shoots can cost upwards of $50,000 to $60,000,' said one person who's been involved with her shoots in the past. 'The movie poster for '˜Blonde Ambition' is an outtake from her '˜Public Affair' album shoot, and take a look at the '˜Major Movie Star' poster '” it's not hard to tell that is actually her GQ cover.'

Indeed, Jessica is in the same pose, wearing the same dog tags, and her hair is identical. The only difference is that her American-flag bikini from the GQ cover appears to have been photoshopped into a camouflage one. 'She really needs her new album to do well,' said the source. 'Otherwise, she's going to have big career problems.'
--------------------------------------------------------------

I've been saying it for a long time, but the careers of these tabloid stars are in serious jeopardy. Simpson is on the verge of being a staple in B movies her dad has to finance.

Its time for these chicks to start saving what money they have made the past few years.

This could explain why Lohan is keeping a very low profile regarding acting jobs. She knows what her fate is, and is gonna delay the inevitable hoping her star rises again somehow.

I'm glad its finally coming to an end, and its time for Hollywood to pay attention to actresses with talent and class such as Natalie Portman, Mischa Barton, Ellen Page, etc. and whatever new talent comes along.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I'm actually more pissed that she's fucking up Tony Romo's career!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

This could explain why Lohan is keeping a very low profile regarding acting jobs. She knows what her fate is, and is gonna delay the inevitable hoping her star rises again somehow.

I'm glad its finally coming to an end, and its time for Hollywood to pay attention to actresses with talent and class such as Natalie Portman, Mischa Barton, Ellen Page, etc. and whatever new talent comes along.

I agree, while I think Lohan is somewhat of a good actor (at least in Mean Girls, that's the only movie I've ever seen her in) their options now are star in some really bad movie the only reason they are casted in it is to give the movie some attention.... or withdraw from acting unless the perfect (small) role comes along in the perfect movie. Otherwise, make a quick buck here & there in magazine's and reality shows & shows like Entourage.

I read an article about a similar phenomenon years ago when rap artists started becoming cast in movies. All these black actors (Omar Epps) were getting passed over for guys like Master P & DMX. It was hard for black actors to break in. The role of Bubba actually almost went to Ice Cube, but he turned it down. (I actually think Ice Cube is a decent actor).

It's taken a while, but you're right in that now the cream may rise to the top, and these party girls will be relished to B-movie careers or staying home.

Board footer