You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Hulk Hogan(!) wanted to join Metallica

56-year-old wrestling legend Hulk Hogan has told Chicago Trubune's "About Last Night" column that he played bass guitar in high school and that he tried to get back into music even after making it big in wrestling.

"I was in England presenting an award with Jerry Hall, Mick Jagger's ex, and she told me THE [ROLLING] STONES were looking for a bass player," Hogan said. "I sent her a ton of merchandise that she asked for and said 'Tell Mick I'm a great bass player.' I never heard a word back.

"When METALLICA was looking for a bass player, I called and never heard a word back from them either. I would have quit wrestling in a heartbeat to be a bass player for METALLICA."

Hulk Hogan was in Chicago last week to promote his autobiography, "My Life Outside The Ring".

The book is Hogan's second autobiography and offers more details on his family and childhood.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=129699

352m1xk.gif

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I wonder why they never called him back.  *lol*

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This would have been magnificent.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axl S wrote:

This would have been magnificent.

"Whatcha gonna do brother!  When Hulkamania and Metallicamania run wild on you brother!"

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It would have been hilarious.  Seriously though, it is possible that he's a hell of a bass player.  You never know what hidden talents people have.  Bernie Williams is a very good classical guitar player.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

timmah
 Rep: 0 

timmah wrote:

I guess we would've gotten the movie "SOME KIND OF HULKSTER" instead if that had happened.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That would've been ALL-TIME 14

-Jack-
 Rep: 39