You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

And slamming Richard Fortus for playing with Rihanna while defending Slash for doing the same is equally pathetic as those who do the opposite. Seriously.

I assume this is a swipe at me since I'm pretty much the president of the "anti Fortus faction"....

Nobody "slams" him for playing with Rihanna. The people who get slammed are the Fortus tards who think its wonderful when their idol plays with pop tarts but its pure evil when Slash does it. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

One note to add: I can't believe I need to point out it again and again: Slash's playing for Rihanna, the contribution on her record is much, much different, than Richard playing rhythm guitar in the shadows on her tour. Respected musicians (ie: stars, legends) are asked to do the first, cause he is who he is; while the second one is a simple job that needs to be done. Fortus is a prolific and a universal session player, but faceless and has no personality. It's not against him. Appearantly that's why he gets all these good jobs from N'Sync to Axl's GN'R.

Exactly, which is why the 2 situations aren't even comparable and people could actually support one but not the other.  I'm not saying it's right.  But people could make the argument that it's lame for Slash, being a household rock n roll guitarist, to work with "pop" stars like Rihanna.  And it's just business for a guy like Richard, who nobody would notice if he came to their house and introduced himself.  Again, I'm not saying this is MY argument, but I think it is somewhat valid.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You could also make a case that it's cool to be a desired collaborator and not so cool to be the hired hand when your boss feels like they need a collaborator because you don't bring anything special to the table.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You could also make a case that it's cool to be a desired collaborator and not so cool to be the hired hand when your boss feels like they need a collaborator because you don't bring anything special to the table.

You could make many cases, since the 2 situations are clearly different.

For the record, I don't think it's lame for either one to be doing what they're doing with or without Rihanna.  But I don't think it's THAT crazy for people to knock Slash OR Richard and support the other.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I want to bolonga you with my bony joni

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash & Richard are equally pussies in my book.

Now hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Now hmm

Because GNR=paul huge?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Now hmm

Because GNR=paul huge?

It = Tobias. Have you not seen the picture

n5ipso.jpg

Dude wrote Estranged.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No no no

Pitman IS Guns N' Roses

Mother Goose steals all! 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pitman IS Guns N' Roses

Mother Goose steals all! 22

According to the Riad lawsuit he may be the goose that stole the golden egg big_smile

faldor

faldor wrote:

The song is NOW on youtube.  This time for real.  Found over at HTGTH.  And I've gotta say, if you thought there wasn't much guitar on that song previously thought of as "Rockstar 101", wait till you hear this one.  When they said Slash would be featured on the song did they mean he was going to play guitar or make noises for the background singing?  Just wondering.  What a waste!

[youtube]cx8-nZWs1eQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Board footer