You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash signs with Roadrunner Records

Roadrunner Records has announced the signing of legendary VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash for the forthcoming European release of his debut solo album, "Slash", in spring 2010.

"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner — the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution the standard album release will be preceded by a "fan pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.

Slash will release a two-track CD single in Japan on November 11 containing the song "Sahara" (featuring singer Koshi Inaba of the Japanese hard rock duo B'Z) and a version of the GN'R classic "Paradise City" (featuring CYPRESS HILL and Fergie [a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson] of the BLACK EYED PEAS).

"Sahara" is expected to appear on Slash's forthcoming solo album. According to the guitarist, "the [record] is in its mixing stage and the mixes to this point sound great. We have recorded 18 songs, with one more I want to track." He added, "the record is still slated for a February/March release."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=129738

Thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGTH.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...i didn't expect that, he was a free man and now he's signed to a new label

i wonder if it'll affect VR if they ever get the ball rollin again hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...Megadeth has been very unhappy at RR, will be interesting to see how Slash finds the label.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Ah roadrunner, the last great - albeit commercial - record label... At the very least it's a step up from "Koch" wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Roadrunner is really the only last label around that'll give a guy like him any sort of respect.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Roadrunner is really the only last label around that'll give a guy like him any sort of respect.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/10/30/wh … this-week/

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Roadrunner is changing their approach, I think they are distancing themselves from acts they feel are falling.

They might be backing Ratt for 2010, but they at least know they've got that Rockalohoma crowd in the bag.

Zombie's also got a build-in fanbase.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Glad to hear he has a label to put the album out under, I thought it would've been a much longer process considering the roster of different singers from different labels that he's got on there.

But wasn't Dave Mustaine complaining about Roadrunner dropping the ball on his latest release? Megadeth is not exactly an act that I'd consider to be failing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I also noticed they refer to the album title just being "Slash", not "Slash and Friends".

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Mustaine was bitching, yeah. Feeling they didn't do enough. It's a problem if true, because if they don't back a Megadeth... that's not smart on their part, being the label they are, and their size.

Universal not backing Guns N' Roses... in 2009... that's understandable.

Board footer