You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Jack White turned down Slash collaboration

081121_150422_slash1_PA.jpg

Jack White has turned down the chance to appear on Slash's debut solo album, according to the former Guns N' Roses guitarist.

Slash is due to release 'Slash & Friends' in early 2010, and the album reportedly features a host of guest musicians, including the likes of Flea, Dave Grohl and Alice Cooper.

However, the one artist that Slash says he really wanted to appear was Jack White – however, The White Stripes mainman was apparently reluctant to sing on the record.

"I wanted to get Jack White to sing on something, but he didn't want to sing," Slash told Musicradar.com. "He said I'll play drums, I'll play guitar, but I don't wanna sing. He was one guy that I wanted to work with. Pretty much everyone else that I went after I managed to get."

Writing on his Twitter.com/SlashHudson account, the guitarist said he hopes to have the album completely finished by the end of November.

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/48216

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cant win em all

woulda been cool though

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Jack White is a real talent. Too bad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You could make a case that Slash turned him down. 16 He was willing to do something, but Slash was only interested in a vocal contribution.

Jack, just shut up and sing....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When you ask a singer to sing on your album and he says he'll do everything but sing, I think that's pretty much a polite way to say "I don't want to be on your album."

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He's more of a guitarist than a singer even though he sings for both his main projects.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he really does a bit of everything..my freind saw the white stripes in concert and he said he was pretty incredible

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

here here....the last of the great white rockin bluesman.....and a DAMN good songwriter at that. Missed opportunity.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

When you ask a singer to sing on your album and he says he'll do everything but sing, I think that's pretty much a polite way to say "I don't want to be on your album."

Jack plays drums in his new band The Dead Weather. Maybe he's a bit tired of singin'.

Board footer