You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: This I Love

Olorin wrote:

How do people feel about this song now?

Lately I have been playing it all the time, I'm in love with the whole vibe/mood of the song. I think the piano, the orchestra and Axls vocals are stunning, I cant decide if I like his low singing voice or the high voice at the chorus best. I think mabye the low, I just love the way he says some of the words really softly. But there are a few moments in the latter choruses where he is singing high and you can hear his voice cracking a little with effort and emotion, I think that sounds incredible also.

I think it would make for a successful single, if this and a more rockin song from the album, were released with videos to coincide with the tour it could not only be good for the tour but could shift some more copies of the album.
I know thats been said before time and again by everyone and their dog on the forums, but its still relevant coz gnr havnt actually went out and pushed the album yet. The tour is great news and surely its the perfect opportunity to do some of those cool things they told us they had planned when the album came out.
Isnt it?

I think it's a good song with amazing orchestration and musical attributes.

Oh, and just in case:

Axlin08 wrote:

Will eventually become legend.

This song is a stunner, like the first time I heard November Rain.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think it's a great great song, possibly the best on the album. I do not think it would be a good single choice, but it's a great song.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Why not a good single choice?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

To put it simply, there aren't any hits floating around that sound like it at all.

To get a little more complicated, Axl's image in the eyes of pop culture is whiny, self-absorbed and disconnected from reality. And the Estranged video is still a quick joke on the pop cultural history radar. People would probably laugh at this song, say GnR is pussy music, and move on. It doesn't hit early enough or hard enough to be put out there on its own.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Oh, and just in case:

Axlin08 wrote:

Still agree with that statement too.

Amazing song. I might give the guitar solo a hard time, but i'm just nitpicking, because i'd like the guitar turned down in the mix, and the orchestra turned up.

But even in it's current studio form... it's a masterpiece. 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

To put it simply, there aren't any hits floating around that sound like it at all.

To get a little more complicated, Axl's image in the eyes of pop culture is whiny, self-absorbed and disconnected from reality. And the Estranged video is still a quick joke on the pop cultural history radar. People would probably laugh at this song, say GnR is pussy music, and move on. It doesn't hit early enough or hard enough to be put out there on its own.

Thats why I'd release it along with a rocker, TIL is hardly going to appeal to the hard rock masses. But it might appeal to a lot of girlfriends big_smile
A fact that most people overlook when talking about GNRs past is, they got so popular not only cause of the music and attitude, but cause lots of women the world over wanted to fuck Axl. He was the biggest pop star on the planet for a few years.
TIL could turn on a "demographic" that the title track would have firmly turned off.
Plus I think the mood of the song fits this time of year perfectly, its always made me think of snow and dark evenings for some reason, it would be a great December release in time for the holidays.

russtcb wrote:

One of the best solos ever in a GNR song.

You know that the realists are going to gather and rip you a new asshole now, right?

They will probarbly do the same to the song itself while they're at it.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Oh, and just in case:

Axlin08 wrote:

Still agree with that statement too.

Amazing song. I might give the guitar solo a hard time, but i'm just nitpicking, because i'd like the guitar turned down in the mix, and the orchestra turned up.

But even in it's current studio form... it's a masterpiece. 11

have to disagree on this point, simply because Guns is a guitar band and it's still essential it is lead instrument. the orchestra is special (& spectacular) & beltrami hasn't been given enough praise for his work on CD (i'm indifferent to what else i've heard of his - e.g. i enjoyed that tommy lee jones 3 burials of melquiades estrada score but was pretty bored and turned of by 3.10 to yuma - which, coincidentally was a shite remake), but i reckon you can hear the orchestra well enough..

looking forward to the day they play it live with an orchestra..

i do agree it is a masterpiece. it was a long time talked about, but it's more incredible than i ever would have imagined - or dared hope. it's an amazing achievement by axl, it sounds like so much different shit - and stuff i'd never have linked to GnR like its lullabye quality and it's lush disney sweep (and then i see THAT youtube video of the world pole dancing champion! - which made a lot more sense..) - but it still only sounds like Guns N Roses.
it'd be a perfect single. it's what fans of November Rain (and fans, especially female, of axl) have been waiting for for 14 years. they just don't know it's out there. - i don't think the public are so dismissive as Communist China does, i think there are still people willing to give him a chance, people are still fond of the kid sinead o'connor wanted to bring home for a bowl of soup, if he cared enough to seek their affection any more... but as long as he retreats and keeps the world at such a distance the loudest voices will be those deriding thye 'freakshow' axl. but TIL is strong enough to bridge that gap if they could just get it out there.. there are still Guns fans out there and TIL is one of the songs that'd most likely reconnect people..

Board footer