You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Scott Weiland: "I’m not a difficult frontman"

ScottB.jpg
Scott Weiland
Merging Fashion, Music and Life

While Weiland compared reuniting with STP with coming home, there’s not as much hope of reconciliation riding on the Velvet Revolver front. A much publicized rift between Weiland and certain members of VR not only left the group searching for a new vocalist, but left Weiland having to defend himself against accusations of being a difficult frontman. “I’m not a difficult frontman at all,” said Weiland. “No. I actually was in the band with those guys and we had a great time until the end when we didn’t have a great time, then I knew it was time to bail out. I heard a lot of stories about a certain singer who everyone knows about and sometimes I wonder if all those stories are all true or maybe there’s another point of view.”

Read the entire interview here!

Thanks to FunkyMonkey from HTGTH.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Roy Williams says he's the Cowboys number one receiver. And that isn't true either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow... Weiland believes Axl now.

That is so classic.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Weiland who?  yawn

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well, that's quite a change from his previous position on Axl:

Scott Wieland in 2006 wrote:

Get in the rin[g.] Go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I'll resist the urge to "stoop" to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin' fuck! O.K. I feel better now. Don't think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now bitch? Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called "band" to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player "spineless." We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to. What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe we can have an STP/GNR tour. And they can have a contest as to who can keep the fans waiting the longest before taking stage.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Well, that's quite a change from his previous position on Axl:

Scott Wieland in 2006 wrote:

Get in the rin[g.] Go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I'll resist the urge to "stoop" to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin' fuck! O.K. I feel better now. Don't think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who's the fraud now bitch? Damn, I couldn't imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called "band" to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player "spineless." We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that's right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won't even list what I've accomplished because I don't need to. What we're talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

A few years ago he was on The Howard Stern Show and he was asked about his feud with Slash and the comments he made about Axl.  He said he never really meant any of the things he said about Axl, it was just "rock n' roll".  He felt he had to defend his bandmates when he "thought" they were telling him the truth and Axl was the one lying about Slash going to his house and badmouthing everyone in the band.  He said he gained a newfound appreciation for Axl after dealing with the guys in VR and called them "lead singer haters".

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe we can have an STP/GNR tour. And they can have a contest as to who can keep the fans waiting the longest before taking stage.

Dude you arn't thinking big enough. GNR is a band currently with hand-picked peformers to replicate what Matt, Slash and Duff did in the AFD days......why not extend the concept to what they played on Velvet Revolver records?

7:30pm - Doors Open
8:15pm 9:00pm - Sebastian Bach Band
9:30 - 11.00pm - Velvet Revolver (Scott, Tommy, Bumble, Richard, Ashba, Frank)
12:00am - 1.30am - Guns N Roses (Axl, Tommy, Bumble, Richard, Ashba, Frank, Chris)

Perfectly normal in the world we live in. :beer:z

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

He felt he had to defend his bandmates when he "thought" they were telling him the truth and Axl was the one lying about Slash going to his house and badmouthing everyone in the band.  He said he gained a newfound appreciation for Axl after dealing with the guys in VR and called them "lead singer haters".

Well to be fair to him I guess that kind of reversal is at least logical.

I just think it's going to be funny among fans. As in 2006 when Scott bashed Axl, he was condemmed at HTGTH as a looser, nobody, hack and whatever else, but I'm guessing now he's taking shots at Slash and supporting Axl he'll be the new starboy of the week over there wink

My opinion is that the truth probably lies somewhere between both camps.

I think Scott should share some of the blame for the demise of VR, as it's obvious his drug problems were fucking up the tour, eg missing flights, cancelled Aussie tour, and it's always been the case that musically he was against the Slash/Izzy style sound.

But then again...add in Snakepit...and slash does seem to get sick of band enviroments....that is now 2 lead singers down...

And elements of Axl's version make a lot of sence. Like if he had held the bandname for randsome over a riot like Slash and co said then it would have been duress and not legally binding.

However the way new GNR has been run since, also says to me that it's not just as simple as Slash being an asshole or a druggie, there's clearly multiple issues at play.

It's a sad thing, how all of these bands have worked out. The music is so great.

Board footer