You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Neemo wrote:

what i've found so far....can anyone help me fill it in and keep it up to date?

December
11 - Taipei, Taiwan - Taipei County Stadium Capacity= +/-30,000
       Floor -
       Lower Bowl -
       Upper Bowl -
13 - Seoul, South Korea - Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium Capacity= ???
       Floor -
       Lower Bowl -
       Upper Bowl -
16 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Dome Capacity= +/-36,500
       Floor -
       Lower Bowl -
       Upper Bowl -
19 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome Capacity= +/-55,000
       Floor -
       Lower Bowl -
       Upper Bowl -

January
13 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre Capacity= +/-16,000
       Floor - Not Available
       100 Level - Available
       200 Level - Available
       300 Level - Available
16 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome Capacity= +/-20,000
       Floor - Not available
       Level 1 - Available
       Level 2 - Available
       Level 3 - Not Available
17 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place Capacity= +/-12,000
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
19 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre Capacity= +/-13,000
       Floor - Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
20 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre Capacity= +/-6,000
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
24 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum Capacity= +/-19,000
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Not Available
25 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre Capacity= +/-9,000
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Not Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
27 - Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre Capacity= +/-21,500
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Not Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
28 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre Capacity= +/-19,800
       Floor - Not available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
31 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place Capacity= +/-19,000
       Floor - Not Available
       100 Level - Available
       200 Level - Available
       300 Level - Not Available

February
1 - Quebec City, PQ - Colisee Pepsi Capacity= +/-16,000
       Floor - Not Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
3 - Moncton, NB - Moncton Coliseum Capacity= +/-7,000
       Floor - Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available
4 - Halifax, NS - Metro Centre Capacity= +/-13,000
       Floor - Available
       Lower Bowl - Available
       Upper Bowl - Available

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

In Moncton you can get floor, lower bowl and upper bowl seats.  And last I heard Quebec show wasn't sold out but sold pretty good

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

they're playing venues that are too big. I don't care what anyone says when a  venue is literred with empty seats the atmosphere isn't nearly as good as with a packed house.  Ticket sales this time around speak volumes. Most people who saw the show in 2006 weren't impressed enough to dish out money again especially when there's no real reason to believe they'll see anything all that different. Same opening band, touring for the third time for the same album(AFD). It's clear my fasination with this band now is solely on trying to understand why they are so stupid.

Bono wrote:

It's clear my fasination with this band now is solely on trying to understand why they are so stupid.

Or not.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Those are terrible stats. At least half these shows should already have sold out, especially the smaller arenas. Looks like the Canadian leg was simply too ambitious, and some of these shows will probably be canceled, or tickets accepted at a different venue like in 2006.

Anyone buying tickets should wait. There will probably be two for one deals and various other giveaways in the coming weeks. Anyone waiting until a week before showtime might get a free ticket.

This tour is gonna have to be "papered" if they are gonna play all those shows.

Bono wrote:

Same opening band

Yep.....big mistake. I know the usual GNR forum stance is that hearing Youth Gone Wild will pack em in like sardines, but that simply isn't the case and those advocating that are now seeing its effects. Throw a kick ass artist/band as opener, these dates are all sold out.

If tickets don't start selling in droves in the coming weeks, Baz should be dropped and other acts added. This thing needs to be a success for it to come here, and if its half empty arena syndrome up in Canada, we're not gonna get any shows.

Hopefully they can build up some momentum during that Asian leg, and they should also unveil the 3rd single during that dead period between Dec. 19th and Jan. 13th.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

they're playing venues that are too big. I don't care what anyone says when a  venue is literred with empty seats the atmosphere isn't nearly as good as with a packed house.  Ticket sales this time around speak volumes. Most people who saw the show in 2006 weren't impressed enough to dish out money again especially when there's no real reason to believe they'll see anything all that different. Same opening band, touring for the third time for the same album(AFD). It's clear my fasination with this band now is solely on trying to understand why they are so stupid.

I hope you're wrong about touring the same album (AFD), and I think you will be.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Bono wrote:

It's clear my fasination with this band now is solely on trying to understand why they are so stupid.

Or not.

Oh do tell. Explain the genius behind if for me cause I completely fail to see it.

James Lofton wrote:

Looks like the Canadian leg was simply too ambitious, and some of these shows will probably be canceled, or tickets accepted at a different venue like in 2006

If they pull a Gn'R and start cancelling shows AGAIN it's the very end of the road for this miserable attempt at being anything other than a  joke. If this tour fails you're right James, say good bye to anything happening in the United States and say goodbye to this era of Gn'R. The only thing left will be a reunion...... maybe I hope this tour fails so this pathetic joke can finally come to an end and we can get Guns N' Roses back. 

I mean honestly Motley Crue played two sold out shows at  the Saddledome in Calgary and Rexall in Edmonton and then one sold out show in Red Deer in a  one year span. All five shows sold out instantly. Metallica sells out these arenas instantly as does Pearl Jam, AC/DC just played Commonwealth to 55 000 people last summer and it sold out instantly. U2 just sold like 70 000 seats at Commonwealth and Bon Jovi will likely sell 50 000 as well.  Yet "Guns N' Roses" sputter when it comes to selling tickets.  I know it's not really fair to compare but these were Gn'R's "peers" at one point. Wake up Axl Rose and Velvet Revolver. Pack your shit in and let's get on with something that will seriously fucking rock!

Sky Dog wrote:

well, I think that is a bit extreme but Bono is right about one thing, the large arenas are just stupid. The small arena thing (10,000 and under) is alright if properly spaced. I honestly don't understand what the promoters and Azoff are thinking. You guys blame Axl, I blame the idiot promoters and managers who think this is the right thing to do. On top of that, the fucking band refuses to do any press, refuses to at least try and release another single. It is just unbelievably ignorant. 17

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok i managed to finish off the canadian tour so far...every show has tickets available

does anyone know of a  ticekt website i can go to for the asian shows? all i did was ask for 1 ticket and the section it was in...and it told me if there were any available..i emailed live nation and asked if i could get any sales figures and not surprisingly i was told "no" 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

well, I think that is a bit extreme but Bono is right about one thing, the large arenas are just stupid. The small arena thing (10,000 and under) is alright if properly spaced. I honestly don't understand what the promoters and Azoff are thinking. You guys blame Axl, I blame the idiot promoters and managers who think this is the right thing to do. On top of that, the fucking band refuses to do any press, refuses to at least try and release another single. It is just unbelievably ignorant. 17

To me it seems like all parties involved cant come to terms with the fact it isn't 1991 anymore, to the point where they're willing to hear echoes in these venues and risk implosion.

A pattern was established LONG ago with new GNR. If its not a major city, you're not even gonna come close to a sellout. Expectations need to change. Its time to bring GNR down to the club level because that's where they belong.

Hit arenas in cities like LA, NY, Toronto, Tokyo, London,etc., and the rest nothing but clubs. That is the reality of Guns N Roses in 2009-10. An arena booking every five miles in Canada just isn't feasible, and they really aren't gonna pull that off here.

I also agree that Axl isn't the only person to blame. Having said that, he should know before one date gets booked that he cant sell out a ten thousand seat venue out in the boonies in Canada. Thirteen dates in Canada is really stretching the interest thin.

I would really love to know who plans their tours. This Canadian leg reminds me of the central Cali shows that were postponed and then canceled due to no interest. They had four shows scheduled within an 80 mile radius in the same week(ALL arenas) not counting the recent Frisco dates. That should have been narrowed down to one show and it might have been half full. I'll never forget how a mere days before cancellation you could still get tickets in the front, and tickets had been on sale for like five months at that point.

Like Bono said, this doesn't happen with the "big boys".

Time to bring this show to the clubs....this band can have success at the club level and its NOTHING to be ashamed of.

Board footer