You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

We're talking about having the band performing Tommy's tunes instead of dull guitar and/or drum solos. Not replacing anything.

Even though I certainly wouldn't mind that either.

And just in case... Spare me the fucking "NOBODY CARES!" lecture. (Not directed at you, metallex78)

If people would use a quarter of their brain capacity they would understand that it'd be a great idea. If you haven't heard it you do not speak as your opinion and potential argument is invalid.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It wouldn't even have to be that.

Tommy doing So Fine or You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory (a cover he used to perform while promoting VGH)...

The fanboys would go apeshit.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you dont have to like anything....i'm jsut saying look on the brightside for once instead of dwelling on things you dont agree with! canada is basically getting the first kick at the can this time you should be happy big_smile

Sure I'm glad they are touring.  But the lack of promo and the rerun of Baz as an opening act leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  Oh well.  I'll try to go the Baz route from now on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you dont have to like anything....i'm jsut saying look on the brightside for once instead of dwelling on things you dont agree with! canada is basically getting the first kick at the can this time you should be happy big_smile

Canada got the first kick at the can in 2002 as well and Axl didn't even bother to show up. tongue

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Canada got the first kick at the can in 2002 as well and Axl didn't even bother to show up. tongue

Yeah but he was on a plane and was heading there Bono.  19  So technically was not Axl's fault apparently.  tongue

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Yeah but he was on a plane and was heading there Bono.  19  So technically was not Axl's fault apparently.  tongue

Oh yeah I know. I'll bet he was roll.  Just another ridiculously lame excuse that was so obviously FAKE yet so many nutswingers took it as the word of god himself.  neutral Never in my life have I heard of such a thing. The performer in question wasn't even in the country he was performing in as the doors to the venue were supposed to open and people actually bought that excuse that he was on his way 16  I guess to look on the positive side of things I have been part of an official Gn'R riot because of it.  Actually got sprayed with beer when the first can thrown started the riot 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the 02 was fucked out of the gate for sure...but what about the rest of the canadian dates on that (short) tour? and then in 06 all the CDN dates went off without a hitch...anyway a tour is imminent, until there is a reason to proclaim doom and gloom i refuse to. in 02 i was close (robins side 3 rows up off the floor) in 06 i was about 20 rows up on Ron's side

this time i'm on the floor...i plan on getting as close as humanly possible 9 i'm seriously pretty stoked about it, i was kinda ehhh then you guys did one of the coolest things that have ever happened to me, i'm extremely grateful and extremely excited to witness and report 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll try to go the Baz route from now on.

and what exactly is the "baz route"? hmm

i dont care who likes or dislikes him...but to call the tour a failure before it even begins because of who is chosen as an opening act is just absurd

who was the opening act for metallica when you saw them? and does anyone really care?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the 02 was fucked out of the gate for sure...but what about the rest of the canadian dates on that (short) tour? and then in 06 all the CDN dates went off without a hitch...anyway a tour is imminent, until there is a reason to proclaim doom and gloom i refuse to. in 02 i was close (robins side 3 rows up off the floor) in 06 i was about 20 rows up on Ron's side

this time i'm on the floor...i plan on getting as close as humanly possible 9 i'm seriously pretty stoked about it, i was kinda ehhh then you guys did one of the coolest things that have ever happened to me, i'm extremely grateful and extremely excited to witness and report 22

And it is really cool that you will get to attend.  Again just because I can identify the things that are wrong or "potentially" wrong don't mean I can't see the good side of things.  And I sincerely that you'll have a great time.  By the way Neemo to answer your question on another post on what is the Baz route.  Well let's just say that when you go that route your nose changes color *lol*.  And just so we're clear I am not accusing you to have taken the Baz path.  As for who opened for Metallica?  Oh man I am still trying to forget.  It was Lamb of God.  Music was not bad but the singer.  Bleurk!  Although I'd take Lamb of God over Baz any day of the week cause at least they are relevant while Baz is not so much.  But that's another story.  And before you ask no Baz did not open the show I attended to in 06 thank God.  But The Trews were very good.  Anyways we'll have to agree to disagree on this.  But gladly you sound like you will enjoy Baz and that is cool.  9

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Oh yeah I know. I'll bet he was roll.  Just another ridiculously lame excuse that was so obviously FAKE yet so many nutswingers took it as the word of god himself.  neutral Never in my life have I heard of such a thing. The performer in question wasn't even in the country he was performing in as the doors to the venue were supposed to open and people actually bought that excuse that he was on his way 16  I guess to look on the positive side of things I have been part of an official Gn'R riot because of it.  Actually got sprayed with beer when the first can thrown started the riot 22

Yeah never bought it myself.  Never even bothered to find out why the Philly show got cancelled on that tour.  But that tour was pathetic.  When you miss the 1st show of the tour and you do not have a valid reason, then it has to be seen as a failure from the start.  And judging by the sales of tickets thus far on this one looks like some still remember.  Although I am surprised at how well they did in Montreal.

Board footer