You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

James wrote:

The kid in Iowa was bitching because he was told for years to stop living in the past and get ready to embrace the new era. Then he pays 100 bucks for a ticket and gets hit over the head with 1987. His bitching was justified at the time.

Now he should know what to expect. Any bitching in 2009-10 regarding the setlist is pointless in my opinion. The cards have been on the table for years, and if you cant see what hand we've been dealt, take it up with your optometrist.

Its a nostalgia act with a rotating lineup.  Enjoy it or don't. The choice is yours. If they come to my area, I will definitely go but certainly not expecting a "new beginning". That ship has sailed. I'll be expecting a huge dose of AFD, a dash of UYI, and a sprinkling of Chinese Democracy. Since that's what I expect now, I wont be at the front of the line of setlist complainers.

This band isn't Audioslave. It isn't U2. Its basically a miniaturized version of the Stones with a new member every couple years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I kind of agree that they really don't have a huge catalog to choose from and those are the staples you are always going to get (which is a good thing, imo), but I never even thought about that until this thread.

Still would be nice to hear Civil War and Estranged.

And remember, the above sentence was the EXACT statement that was also being called "whining" by some people. Which it most certainly isn't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It also happens when you have session musicians who didn't write the material trying to cover it.

I'm sure that's not the reason. It's not like GNR has a back cataloge of 14 albums for them to learn. Regardless of whether or not fans choose to call these guys GNR or see them as session musicans, I'm pretty sure that everyone would think learning 5-6 albums worth of material is within the musical abilities of guys like richard and bumble.
They could learn the enite back catalogue and simply rotate songs if they wanted to do that.

But myself I don't have a problem with the setlist, I thought the shows in 2007 I saw were great. I'd like to see more Chinese Democracy songs this time around..but time will tell!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you are a braver man than I Olorin 16

so is it $20US, $20CDN or £20?

I'll let him choose.  After all it's his money.

20 quid of course 5

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Olorin wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you are a braver man than I Olorin 16

so is it $20US, $20CDN or £20?

I'll let him choose.  After all it's his money.

20 quid of course 5

And how much is that in Canadian money?  Also I'd like to spice this up a bit.  Add something funny as well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

And how much is that in Canadian money?  Also I'd like to spice this up a bit.  Add something funny as well.

20 pounds is about $35 dollars in Canadian  money according to google.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Any bitching in 2009-10 regarding the setlist is pointless in my opinion. The cards have been on the table for years, and if you cant see what hand we've been dealt, take it up with your optometrist.

Its a nostalgia act with a rotating lineup.  Enjoy it or don't. The choice is yours. If they come to my area, I will definitely go but certainly not expecting a "new beginning". That ship has sailed. I'll be expecting a huge dose of AFD, a dash of UYI, and a sprinkling of Chinese Democracy. Since that's what I expect now, I wont be at the front of the line of setlist complainers.

This band isn't Audioslave. It isn't U2. Its basically a miniaturized version of the Stones with a new member every couple years.

People might get up and bitch about a post like this. Even Axl may be bitching, but the deal is - this post is the truth of the matter until a change come. If it does, and I see no indications of it. And if they wanna change the setlist around and focus on CD then yippie, but as of now this is the realistic and rational view of it, and if everyone had this in mind when going to a show, it would be a better experience for everyone involved.

Arguing is pointless. This horizon should be understood a long time ago.

I'm going on the exact same set of mind and I will have a jolly good time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

gnr is prepping for what appears to be a legitimate world tour, so all the haters have to move onto something else to bitch about. is whining about setlists from 3 years ago really the best you can come up with?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That and the prediction that we'll get the same exact show with the same exact setlist this time around.  Oh, and how could I forget the thought that the tour will self implode because of poor ticket sales and the fact that nobody cares about this band.

I understand tempering expectations, but to have such a negative outlets on things, that I don't get.

Board footer