You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Anyone have a copy of AFD in Vinyl?

buzzsaw wrote:

Mine has some misspellings on it which leads me to believe it is a either fake or a foreign copy of some kind.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Mine has some misspellings on it which leads me to believe it is a either fake or a foreign copy of some kind.

Yeah, I have it.

I've been saying for years, but no one believes me: A TON of bootleg GNR shit was made in the mid 90's, so while everyone thinks they have something of value(especially LLAS), its really a worthless piece of shit.

Its one of the reasons I no longer collect GNR shit, especially LPs.

Over the years, there are just too many rarities available and it doesn't add up with how many official copies were made.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, when vocals was spelled wrong, I assumed I had a worthless piece of shit, but I just wanted some confirmation.  It was pretty cheap, so no big deal.  That's also why I'll never buy LLAS.  It's still pretty cool from a display standpoint as long as they can only see the front cover.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well, when vocals was spelled wrong, I assumed I had a worthless piece of shit, but I just wanted some confirmation.  It was pretty cheap, so no big deal.  That's also why I'll never buy LLAS.  It's still pretty cool from a display standpoint as long as they can only see the front cover.

Yeah, since I sold my LLAS many moons ago during my drug days, I knew to never bother buying one of the trillion copies for sale over the years. Chances of getting the real thing again are slim to none.

if you didn't buy your copy of LLAS in the late 80's/early 90's, you more than likely own an expensive fake.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

With the banned rape cover there were 30,000 produced in the US.  You see a shit load of these though because they were also subsequently pressed in Germany and other countries like Columbia, Greece, Mexico, Brazil, Poland etc etc, often a year or two later.

I don't know if you would call all of these "bootlegs" per se, because if people looked just a little closely at the sleeve it usually tells you where it was pressed, so I would argue that alot of them are simply "foreign pressings".  It's only when they try and replicate it exactly and hide the fact that it wasn't pressed in say the US that I would argue it's a true bootleg - and yeah there are those out there too!

As for LLAS - I think there are a heap more GN'R items that are rarer than this. Some items I am chasing I have only ever seen come up for sale once or twice (or never) over the space of say the last 10+ years.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Of course I have it on vinyl 16

It's German print though, so it's not worth much.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I HAVE IT....I'll check it out and get back to you

what are all the mis-spellings?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

With the banned rape cover there were 30,000 produced in the US.  You see a shit load of these though because they were also subsequently pressed in Germany and other countries like Columbia, Greece, Mexico, Brazil, Poland etc etc, often a year or two later.

I don't know if you would call all of these "bootlegs" per se, because if people looked just a little closely at the sleeve it usually tells you where it was pressed, so I would argue that alot of them are simply "foreign pressings".  It's only when they try and replicate it exactly and hide the fact that it wasn't pressed in say the US that I would argue it's a true bootleg - and yeah there are those out there too!

As for LLAS - I think there are a heap more GN'R items that are rarer than this. Some items I am chasing I have only ever seen come up for sale once or twice (or never) over the space of say the last 10+ years.

Not to get too off topic, but what type of rare stuff are you talking about?

As for the rare stuff I would say:

Box Sets like:

The Top Hat Collection Vol.1
The Top Hat Collection Vol.2

There were only 500 of each of these produced.  I bought Vol.2 about 4 years ago off ebay - even then I think I paid about $400 for it (rip off for what it is but what the hell when your collecting).  I have since seen Vol.2 once for sale at eil where it was about $500+ (which was quite cheap given the prices they normally charge).  I also saw that they sold a Vol.1 at some point as they have a pic of it on their website as sold - but who knows when that was.  Besides these times I can only recall seeing one or the other on ebay a couple of other times over say the last 7 years - each time it looked like the box set was incomplete as there were some stuff missing - so you couldn't even really count those times.

There are a couple of other TSI promo items that are pretty rare.  One was a CD in a limited numbered metal shaped case (only 1000) - one came up for sale recently which is only the second one I had seen sell in about the last 5-7 years.  There is also 2 Italian promo items of a Box of Spaghetti and a can of tomatoe/spaghetti sauce - all labeled with GN'R logos etc (its real spaghetti and tomote paste inside).  I finally bought both these last year.  This was the first time I had seen these for sale and I only know of one other person that has both items plus another guy that has one of them.

There are a couple of Aussie box sets of a UYI cassette and Coma t-shirt, plus some others with Cassingle and tour posters that I haven't seen come up for sale since they were released.

(I check ebay ever day - sad isn't it - so when I say they haven't come up for sale Im usually pretty certain of it - at least on ebay anyhow.  I also regularly check heaps of other online sites like eil,netsounds,GEMM etc etc).

Then there are things like test pressing and acetates.  There is a blue Welcome to the Jungle test pressing, a yellow Nightrain test pressing.  I have seen only the blue one for sale once and 2 of the yellow pressings come up for sale.  I also know there is a black uncut paradise city picture disc test pressing - I saw it was sold on eil at some point years ago, but have never seen another for sale.  Usually with test pressing there are about say 5-20 pressed, so there should be a couple of others floating around.

Then there are other more comon test pressings - like the uncut Sweet Child O Mine picture disc and say the white Paradise City uncut picture disc - I would say these are rarer than a LLAS.  You see them up for sale a couple of times a year, but nowhere near as often as the LLAS.

Board footer