You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Jack White turned down Slash collaboration

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Really? Are you serious?

Yep. I liked about half the first VR album, almost none of the second.

Did anyone like Libertard? I know I only listened to it twice.

So you still like Slash - just not his recent stuff? Or you just don't like him anymore?

I "liked" Libertad.  I listened to it in between listening to the GNR leaks.  It had some good songs on it, but it was a clear disappointment after their promising debut.  I never thought Slash was showcased nearly enough in VR.  He was the main attraction and they barely used him to their advantage.  Axl always knew how to bring the most and best out of Slash.  While I did enjoy VR, he just wasn't nearly as effective.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:

i wish slash would do a solo album without vocals

This is what I want from Slash, it would be astounding. Could be better than anything from Buckethead.

But, it won't happen. Slash craves success too much to take a risk like an instrumental album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is what I want from Slash, it would be astounding. Could be better than anything from Buckethead.

That's a bold statement. I don't think Slash has an Electric Tears in him at this point, and that's what it would take to do an instrumental album at that level, at least for me.

Wouldn't mind seeing him do one of course, but like you I don't think it will happen. Perfect time for one was that gray area of 94-03 period where he was all over the place doing whatever he wanted.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
war wrote:

i wish slash would do a solo album without vocals

But, it won't happen. Slash craves success too much to take a risk like an instrumental album.

My opinion is that Slash trying to do an entire album would end up too repetitive.  I think Slash's specific tone would be a liability in something like that too. 

I wouldn't say that it's craving success though.  I think it's just something that he'd never even think to do.  To me, the main difference between Buckethead and Slash is that when they go home I picture Bucket listening to John Zorn, and Slash listening to Aerosmith and Zepplin.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I used to like Slash but haven't for some years.

Really? Are you serious?

Yep. I liked about half the first VR album, almost none of the second.

Itchy; I can see how people might feel that way. I've loved every Stripes record thus far though.

Russtcb I guess it's a kind of a band that is an acquired taste.
Sort of like some of us were disappointed with the C.D.
But I wasn't . I think it's a really good rock album because for me anything that Axl puts out is going to rock for me.
But it is kind of funny Jack turned down Slash considering that Slash is a very good guitarist. That's like me ( I play guitar) turning down Axl Rose if he had called me on the phone and asked me to join his band as the main lead guitarist for the up and coming tour. (Even if I was famous in my own career I'd jump at the offer in a second.) I'd even hook up with Slash if he called me and said he needs a second guitar player.
(If Elvis was alive and he asked anyone of us to join him for a tour or a recording I'm sure most of us would not Elvis down. lol

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's a bold statement.

I did say "could," of course. 22

Board footer