You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Robin's Guitar Stuff for Sale

Neemo wrote:

in anycase its a cool peice of memorabilia for an enthusiast of the current band... or for an NIN fan as well for that matter

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
russtcb wrote:

For me it would be sentimental value. I've loved that guitar since the first moment I saw it.

me too...but its not really a guitar.
if it had the hardware in it, and was basically a guitar robin used, then it would be cool...heck, I almost bought the last one he had going on eBay...i get the fan value in it....

but this is ripped to shreds...and not even during a concert, so that you can at least say he destroyed it during his manic last solo in paradise city...it was probably his guitar tech guy who was using it for spare parts...

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should have done this 10 years ago...except he should have sold all of it instead of some of it.

Buzz - you're one of my favorite posters on here - but was this really necessary?

Is there any one on Evo who doesn't know your feelings on Robin by now?

Let it go.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Should have done this 10 years ago...except he should have sold all of it instead of some of it.

Totally uncalled for. Childish comment. You should know better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I bought a '71 gibson sg carcass like this one for 200 dollars on ebay. The headstock was broken and then luthier repaired. I spent 300 dollars on all new professional/name brand pick ups, hardware, and electronics and installation and 5 years later i still have a great sounding instrument that I do all of my recording with. I believe the guy, that sold the body to me, said it cost him about 100 dollars to be fixed. That's a total of 600 dollars (500 for me) put in to a vintage gibson instrument that is worth way more than that, starting out from a carcass. plus it's got some added value coming from an ex gnr member.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

and i;m sure if you buy it from him he can let you know what hardware was on it when he recorded better so you could pretty much duplicate the sound(or i would hope he would)

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This auction is the perfect metaphor for Finck

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

it always amazes me that people run up the auction a week before it closes just so they can see themselves as the top bidder..the higher people see it going for the more they will be willing to pay...its all psychological man

-D- wrote:

This auction is the perfect metaphor for Finck

how so? i dont follow...i must be slow today hmm

i cant believe that New Schecter Tempest Custom Guitar is going for less currently than the damage body of a guitar hmm that Schecter is a sweet lookin axe man 11

Board footer