You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: 29 years ago a music legend was taken away.

gnfnraxl wrote:

I thought I'd start this thread cause today is a sad day.  29 years ago Mark David Chapman killed John Lennon.  Truly a music legend, Lennon was taken away from us by a maniac.  Even to this day John Lennon still inspires many musicians.  RIP John Lennon.  You are truly missed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Truely one of the great legends of all time. Still a sad shame.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

earlier this year i took a bit of an interest in this subject, cuz of catcher in the rye...

i read the book, watched a couple movies...chapman is a severly disturbed individual...but the book is good....it really freaked my wife out when i told her i identified with Holden Caulfield...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Five years ago we lost one of the most talented guitarist any of you will ever get the chance to hear.. RIP DIME.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

amen brother

RIP Dime...i think i'll drink a few coors light in his name this evening sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

earlier this year i took a bit of an interest in this subject, cuz of catcher in the rye...

i read the book, watched a couple movies...chapman is a severly disturbed individual...but the book is good....it really freaked my wife out when i told her i identified with Holden Caulfield...

Don't worry Neemo. I freaked myself out when I read Catcher. I read it in one sitting on a bus ride back from like Vero Beach or somewhere.

I was just like "wow, this guy thinks pretty much exactly like I do..."

Then I remembered the whole Lennon thing...:nervous:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I hated Catcher in the Rye, and resented Holden as a character. But that's just me.

I'm not a fan of either musician but obviously both had huge impacts on music and will be remembered longer than any of us will live. So cheers to their memory, may they rest in peace, and a solemn salute to all their fans.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Loved Catcher. Loved Jack Kerouac & 'On the Road' too.

RIP John. RIP Darrell. I didn't know they died the same date. Tragic ends for them both.

Board footer