You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Holy Shit Fuck! Chickenfoot's Cd Is Awesome!

Gunslinger wrote:

BTW.... Alice in Chains and Soundgarden WERE the last great bands to come along.  13

I usually give the title of last great rock band to Rage Against the Machine.

My brother has this CD, and I listened to it. It's ok but there's no moment that wows me in it. It just moves along at standard 80s rock level.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

BTW.... Alice in Chains and Soundgarden WERE the last great bands to come along.  13

maybe clutch.. but.. AIC and soundgarden made shit happen and moved motherfuckers... i was gonna disagree.. but i literally LOOKED... i thought there hadda be SOMEONE......

nope.. yer right, GS

rage?... they were really good.... but "great"?
naw... audioslave had em beat. and i believe supergroups shouldn't count

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

...and ps
metallica were a "rock" band from 1991-2008

does that count?

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

maybe clutch..

Clutch is so ridiculously fucking underrated.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

maybe clutch..

Clutch is so ridiculously fucking underrated.

5:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Yeah I just saw the charts for Chickenfoot at number two. Not bad considering that it was a throw together band. Joe Satch is of course an amazing guitarist. I'm surprised that the cd reached that level. But than again who knows? Music might be taking another turn and stripped down rock & roll might make a comeback to the music industry and public.
The Van Halen cd called F-u-# # with Sammy is actually the best Van Hager cd that I find listenning to. It seems that one has some real great guitar work by Eddy and the lyrics by Sammy were not that cheezy as far as most of the material on that cd. cool

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Finally got my hands on this album. I've been listening to Van Halen's F.U.C.K. album the last few weeks, almost like an addiction. I'm just loving listening to no bullshit good time rock n roll at the moment, and Chickenfoot's album is exactly that too.

Board footer